Trae Golden

AGVOL

I saw Trae Golden play in the Arby's Classic in Bristol tonight. He led the team to a 30 point victory. He looked very athletic but was out of shape and seemed to be lazy at times, especially on defense. I think he ended up with 23 points but he missed every 3-pointer he attempted. The majority of his points came off dunks, layups, or jump shots inside 15 feet. I wanted to see what kind of leader he was and you can tell he was the leader of that team and a very good one in my opinion. He was, however, a ball hog and did not pass the ball very much and forced a lot of shots. Even though he was a ball hog tonight, I did not see any showing off like we see our current players doing a lot of times. Overall, I can tell he has a lot of potential but he has a lot of work to do.

Kid is good got to watch him play AAU over the summer he busted his but over summer and ill bet anybody he will be a good PG here.

He got tired very easily, had to take a lot of breaks. But after he got a rest, there was no one that could keep up with him
You don't think that was because the coach was resting his stud against some competition that they were easily handling? As I recall the game was never in doubt and he sat the entire 4th quarter.

You don't think that was because the coach was resting his stud against some competition that they were easily handling? As I recall the game was never in doubt and he sat the entire 4th quarter.

I was sitting on the sideline and was pretty close to him several times. He had his hands on his knees quite a bit and called for a sub I know at least once. But I can understand getting more tired than usual after Christmas. I know when I played in the Arby's a couple of years ago my energy level was not as high as usual after Christmas Day and having a belly full of turkey.

Overall, I can tell he has a lot of potential but he has a lot of work to do.

So, basically you're saying that he's a ball-hogging, 3-point missing, non-passing, dunking, lazy, out-of-shape point guard......... Sounds like he'll fit right in!!! :eek:lol:

I saw Trae Golden play in the Arby's Classic in Bristol tonight. He led the team to a 30 point victory. He looked very athletic but was out of shape and seemed to be lazy at times, especially on defense. I think he ended up with 23 points but he missed every 3-pointer he attempted. The majority of his points came off dunks, layups, or jump shots inside 15 feet. I wanted to see what kind of leader he was and you can tell he was the leader of that team and a very good one in my opinion. He was, however, a ball hog and did not pass the ball very much and forced a lot of shots. Even though he was a ball hog tonight, I did not see any showing off like we see our current players doing a lot of times. Overall, I can tell he has a lot of potential but he has a lot of work to do.
The bold excites me, the underlined scares me

Sounds good to me. I don't think conditioning is something to frown upon when looking at these highschool players. Bruce seems to have an intense conditioning program in the offseason so I see that improving. As for ball hogging, I see this a lot on highschool teams that aren't of elite status. Hopefully his basketball IQ improves during this season and in the offseason.

So, basically you're saying that he's a ball-hogging, 3-point missing, non-passing, dunking, lazy, out-of-shape point guard......... Sounds like he'll fit right in!!! :eek:lol:

+1
I apologize for being a negative nancy, but if you will check my post history, you will see that I am a viewer rather than a speaker, definitely not a hater.

Tennessee basketball is in trouble, we are recruiting "balla's" who have no understanding
what-so-ever of half court basketball. Yes, Tobias Harris is stud, as well Trae Golden....and 5 star Scotty Hobson.. Studs!

What seems to be understood by our beloved Volnation, is the fact that these great 4-5 star players are definitely going to make it pro!! But they will never make it further than the ELITE 8!..Ouch hurts don't it!.. ;)
I love Bruce Pearl (and his hot new wife), but they will not be making it further than the elite 8.

(need a source/proof?).. ask Purdue, USC,Alabama(last year) and any other team the rest of the year that inconvenience's us to beat them with a half court game. :angel:

He actually played in my region in high school last year. Don't worry about the shooting. He's a good shooter. He is lazy at times though. He's a great leader, and one of the best passers ive seen. He's gonna be a great point guard.

we could esget another top 5 class in 2011 with committs rivals 22 kevin ware,36 cris jones, very good shots at rivals num 9 anthony wroten jr, 11 adonis thomas,27 kentavious caldwell,also possible 67 cedrick mcafee,72 andra hollins,84 kendren johnson also looking at tennessee 3 quincey miller,127 percey gibson,129 henry brooks,130 malcome gilbert,111 thomas gipson.and several more of top 100 guards.the vols have a real good chanch at getting 3 5star players ,4 if number 3 miller,if i had my rathers id let number 36 decommitte get 9,anthony wroten jr 6,4pg 11 adonis thomas 6,6 sf,27 22 kevin ware 6,5 pg,kentavious caldwell,6,6 and 3 miller 6,8, cris jones 6,1pg that would be 6 if we got the 3,9,11,22,27,36 three pg ware at 6,5 move to sg everyone can dream of a nu 1 class / brooks 6,8gilbrt 6,10gibson,6,8 ,gipson ,6,7

We need some 6.10 - 7.0 players to improve our inside offense and defense. Of course, great outside players also improve inside offense, but not defense.

VN Store

Back