2011 Recruiting (BB)

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
I am no recruiting expert, nor am I any kind of person with sources. I was just looking around at the best players in the country for the 11' class and decided to gather as much of a list as I can for guys with offers/interest from UT. These are the guys we are looking that have the highest ratings that I could find

2's/3's
Kentavious Caldwell, 6-3, 170
Greenville (GA) Greenville

Adonis Thomas 6-6, 205
Memphis (TN) Melrose

LaQuinton Ross 6-6. 195
Jackson (MS) Murrah

Jeremiah Davis 6-3, 195
Muncie (IN) Muncie Central

Cedrick McAfee 6-3, 175
Memphis (TN) Craigmont

Jacoby Brissett 6-5, 225
West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer

Kedren Johnson 6-4 200
Lewisburg (TN) Marshall County

PG

Kevin Ware 6-4, 170 (Solid UT Committ)
Conyers (GA) Rockdale County

Quinn Cook 6-1, 180
Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha

Chris Jones 5-10 160
Memphis (TN) Melrose

(There are very few PG's, probably because the staff is sold on Ware, and Golden, while good, is not a one-n-done kinda player).

PF/Combo Forwards

Quincy Miller 6-8, 193
Winston-Salem (NC) Quality Education Academy

Chane Behanan 6-7, 225
Bowling Green (KY) Bowling Green

Octavious Ellis 6-8, 185
Memphis (TN) Whitehaven

Thomas Gipson 6-7, 255
Cedar Hill (TX) Cedar Hill

Henry Brooks 6-8, 215
Lithonia (GA) Miller Grove

Levon Harper 6-8, 226
Farmville (VA) Fuqua School

Like I said, I don't know who we are going to get, or how good these players are, I just wanted to get a list with guys we are interested in. Hope this is some use to you guys.

Go Vols!!! :hi:

Thank you. Great job! Now if you can just tell me who is going to sign...

I am excited about basketball both men's and women's. UT has really got it going on this year.

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately it remains very difficult to pull anyone out of Memphis, but White Station is where both Dane Bradshaw and JP Prince went so it should be the closest thing we have to a high school there were going to UT is okay. Whitehaven and Melrose are totally different animals.

Cedrick Wilson came from Melrose high and people were not kind about it but they understood. He wanted NFL money (which he got) and playing QB at Memphis would never have taken him as far as coming to UT and being a WR.

Also from Melrose was Tony Harris. That guy would be a hero in Memphis still if he had gone there, but he decided to come to Knoxville. He was greeted with so much hate when they came back to play the Tigers that it served notice to lots of other Memphis kids not to come to UT for any reason.

Pastner will also take whoever he wants it looks like from Memphis. He is going to have hometown boys in starring roles the next two years and he has great relationships with the HS coaches.

Also Easterwood is the idiot and jerk who is a Nike whore and an attention whore coaching lots of good AAU players in Memphis. He is the guy who complained about the hostess rubbing her boobs on his son. He is bitter because UT did not give his son a scholarship and I think he is playing at Cumberland County or something.

Sorry for the doom and gloom on Memphis.

The good news is that UT has awesome connections now in Georgia, UT has some football recruits they will probably miss on at Dwyer this year but they may get one in the same class from the same HS as the bball recruit we are after. UT is also starting to get great connections in NYC area. If we keep NYC ballers and Atlanta ballers we can afford to miss on Memphis.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately it remains very difficult to pull anyone out of Memphis, but White Station is where both Dane Bradshaw and JP Prince went so it should be the closest thing we have to a high school there were going to UT is okay. Whitehaven and Melrose are totally different animals.

Cedrick Wilson came from Melrose high and people were not kind about it but they understood. He wanted NFL money (which he got) and playing QB at Memphis would never have taken him as far as coming to UT and being a WR.

Also from Melrose was Tony Harris. That guy would be a hero in Memphis still if he had gone there, but he decided to come to Knoxville. He was greeted with so much hate when they came back to play the Tigers that it served notice to lots of other Memphis kids not to come to UT for any reason.

Pastner will also take whoever he wants it looks like from Memphis. He is going to have hometown boys in starring roles the next two years and he has great relationships with the HS coaches.

Also Easterwood is the idiot and jerk who is a Nike whore and an attention whore coaching lots of good AAU players in Memphis. He is the guy who complained about the hostess rubbing her boobs on his son. He is bitter because UT did not give his son a scholarship and I think he is playing at Cumberland County or something.

Sorry for the doom and gloom on Memphis.

The good news is that UT has awesome connections now in Georgia, UT has some football recruits they will probably miss on at Dwyer this year but they may get one in the same class from the same HS as the bball recruit we are after. UT is also starting to get great connections in NYC area. If we keep NYC ballers and Atlanta ballers we can afford to miss on Memphis.
The good thing about Memphis is the '10 class though is that UM signed so many players in the '09 class that they won't be able to sign many for the '10 class. That should help us sign who we want to sign.

The 11' class should be good, for one reason and thats we have connections to Atlanta now as MFH said and that spot is gonna be huge for BB recruiting so look out for a great 11' class.

2's/3's
Kentavious Caldwell, 6-3, 170
Greenville (GA) Greenville

Huge possibility. Seen a lot of things about him wanting to stay close to home so a future in the SEC/ACC is most likely.

Adonis Thomas 6-6, 205
Memphis (TN) Melrose

Probably UNC or Memphis

Jeremiah Davis 6-3, 195
Muncie (IN) Muncie Central

Pretty high on the radar. If he has a great, great season, I see one of the bigger boys taking him.

Kedren Johnson 6-4 200
Lewisburg (TN) Marshall County

With a Memphis offer, didn't he already play with Joe Jackson

PG

Kevin Ware 6-4, 170 (Solid UT Committ)
Conyers (GA) Rockdale County

Probably the only point we get. Rivals has him a 5 and Scout a high 4. I hope he elevates this year but stays away from those dreadful Nike camps. I like the reports that came from him when he talked Tennessee and he and his family sound pretty high on keeping their word.

Quinn Cook 6-1, 180
Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha

I would say it would be too hard to steal BE talent but then Tobias Harris debunked that theory. Still, I think it will be difficult to compete with Maryland (whos already offered) and Georgetown (who will probably offer). I think Ohio State offered him as well.

PF/Combo Forwards

Quincy Miller 6-8, 193
Winston-Salem (NC) Quality Education Academy

Kentucky, Kentucky, and Kentucky. Stays on John Walls nuts

Chane Behanan 6-7, 225
Bowling Green (KY) Bowling Green

Would be tough to take 'em from the Cards or the Cats (if either offers) but a possibility because of the bigs Pitino has already gotten and who all Kentucky is going after (which should be whoever they want)

Also, a few that I've been looking at is...

Amir Williams 6-9 Center out of Beverly Hills, Mi

Likely Big-10

Ky Madden 6-4 170 Guard in Arkansas

I got to watch Adonis Thomas and Chris Jones play tonight. Both kids were impressive. Melrose has 5-6 D1 kids on their team and I heard tonight that they are awaiting a ruling on the eligibility of another who transferred in.

In chatting with some coaches afterwards tonight, I learned...

Adonis Thomas - if it ended today, high probability he would go to Florida.

Chris Jones - Pearl and crew are on him the hardest right now. Kid was really explosive and looked to be a good shooter, although he is a bit undersized. This kids biggest downfall could be not keeping his head on straight.

I saw Behanan last week in Bowling Green; the whole team was flat but pulled out a win against University Heights (Scotty's old team). He had a much better game last night against Greenwood (26 points, 14 rebounds).

Bowling Green Daily News

last night's game video is here: Greenwood

Another 13' prospect to watch is Shannon Hale from Science Hill (Johnson City), he's 6'5, and has thrown several down and is a beast on the boards...

Thanks for the info!

He went to East, not Melrose and like it has been said numerous times, Memphis is basically not a part of this state. It is not like we are losing in-state talent. Memphis is its own animal in basketball.

Wins like this one today will get our foot in the door on the bigger named guys more than ever!

i know that the early signing period is over and done with and most people have signed but i was wondering since we have more scholarships open, are we gonna go after more players. Because even if goins, tatum and williams are reinstated, we will still only have 12 players. Were going to be very shorthanded.

Last edited:
including Mcbee we still only have 12 players. They are

Brian Williams
Kenny Hall
Renaldo Woolridge
Tobias Harris
Emmanuel Negedu (if hes able to play)
Cameron Tatum
Scotty Hopson
Jordan Mcrae
Trae Golden
Melvin Goins
Skylar Mcbee
Michael Hubert

Assuming that the current committments hold true, there is a glaring need for the class of '11. That's a big man. Quincy Miller is probably our #1 target in that area. One of the above posts indicated Miller is going to Kentucky. I don't know about that, but he's the only PF that we have offered (according to TOS). Our need might be assuaged if we can get '10 Moses Abraham, but according to Rivals, he is high on Georgtown. He's slated to vitist Tennessee in the spring. He might not be someone who can step in and play right away, but after one year, he should at least provide some good minutes off the bench in the post.

penciled in '11 lineup - I have no idea how these guys acutally project, so this is just a wild guess

1 - Ware, Jones
2 - McRae, Golden, McBee
3 - Tatum, Maymon
4 - Harris, Woolridge
5 - Hall

I'm assuming Hopson will leave after next year.

Last edited:
penciled in '11 lineup - I have no idea how these guys acutally project, so this is just a wild guess

1 - Ware, Smith
2 - McRae, Golden, McBee
3 - Tatum, Maymon
4 - Harris, Woolridge
5 - Hall

I'm assuming Hopson will leave after next year.
Who the hell is Smith?

including Mcbee we still only have 12 players. They are

Brian Williams
Kenny Hall
Renaldo Woolridge
Tobias Harris
Emmanuel Negedu (if hes able to play)
Cameron Tatum
Scotty Hopson
Jordan Mcrae
Trae Golden
Melvin Goins
Skylar Mcbee
Michael Hubert
Hubert on scholly, huh? Pass it on brother!

The 11' class should be good, for one reason and thats we have connections to Atlanta now as MFH said and that spot is gonna be huge for BB recruiting so look out for a great 11' class.

After the way Georgia beat us they might start picking up some of the Atlanta players.

VN Store

Back