JP Prince

MikeHamiltonFan

Highly recruited player chooses Arizona before Lute left and they went downhill a good bit.

He gets mono or something there, blames the sickness, sucks.

Dane Bradshaw brings him to TN. I am excited because of his high potential from high school, the fact that he looks like he is fast but can add strength and weight, slashing ability and left handed so a good twist for defense etc.

He plays like crap.
He believes he can be a PG for us, and somehow Bruce Pearl agrees. Those of us who are fans of Bruce Pearl feel our hearts break some.

The next year he gets better we hear in practice and the Rocky Top League and he genuinely looks better. Then he sprains his ankle and plays like crap.

This year he is injury free. I believe in the guy. He has good bloodlines, he wants to make money playing ball, he is fast enough, athletic enough. He plays like crap. He misses layups that look like he cannot control his body at all when he is at speed. He honestly looks offensively like a church league player who never learned to shoot.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/dec/09/ut-waits-for-princes-game-to-arrive/

I am not a hater of JP, just a defender who is tired and who is almost too skeptical to believe that a decent season from him is still possible. I think he has more upside based on his athletic ability than anyone else on the team, but playing great defense and slashing in for dunks and getting rebounds over the guard he is mismatched on just does not seem like it is in the cards. I hope I am wrong.

Highly recruited player chooses Arizona before Lute left and they went downhill a good bit.

He gets mono or something there, blames the sickness, sucks.

Dane Bradshaw brings him to TN. I am excited because of his high potential from high school, the fact that he looks like he is fast but can add strength and weight, slashing ability and left handed so a good twist for defense etc.

He plays like crap.
He believes he can be a PG for us, and somehow Bruce Pearl agrees. Those of us who are fans of Bruce Pearl feel our hearts break some.

The next year he gets better we hear in practice and the Rocky Top League and he genuinely looks better. Then he sprains his ankle and plays like crap.

This year he is injury free. I believe in the guy. He has good bloodlines, he wants to make money playing ball, he is fast enough, athletic enough. He plays like crap. He misses layups that look like he cannot control his body at all when he is at speed. He honestly looks offensively like a church league player who never learned to shoot.

UT waits for Prince's game to arrive GoVolsXtra

I am not a hater of JP, just a defender who is tired and who is almost too skeptical to believe that a decent season from him is still possible. I think he has more upside based on his athletic ability than anyone else on the team, but playing great defense and slashing in for dunks and getting rebounds over the guard he is mismatched on just does not seem like it is in the cards. I hope I am wrong.

Good read, I have been hatin on JP on here for awhile, I think everyone has removed their orange shaded glasses around him, he just doesnt have a good shot or good control, You said it buddy.

I cringe every time he touches the ball in transition. His game does not seem to flow with organized basketball.

its funny, poor ole J.P. blows up once or twice a year but then dissapears back to no where to be found again. He will probably explode against Kansas like he did against Memphis when we beat them for #1. Then he will be M.I.A and pop up for some random game then turn the ball over 15 times to cost us a early exit in the SEC or NCAA tournament. I dont want to totally bash him. There is not a player in the country who can keep him from driving baseline. Now if he can develop a shot after he makes it to the bucket.

Were not "Hatin".. It's just he hasn't improved at all since he's been here.. I'm remember when we "stole" him from Vandy and he was supposed to come in and be a contributer from day 1. It just hasn't happen, So of course there will be some backlash..

Plus the fact that Tennessee was his fall-out plan.. He didn't go to Vandy because they wouldn't let him enroll mid-semester..

I understand he aint that gud, but hes our guy he reps UT! Y u all h8tin on him? Come on guys!

I really want him to succeed. Watching him miss layups just hurts my heart. It would be like watching Kimbo Slice lose a streetbrawl to Steve Urkel.

He has the God given abilities to be great. Blaming injuries every single year (including in the article where they discussed his shoulders) is old. He is not blaming injuries and he is promising a great finish his senior year.

I predicted preseason that he would be much better than people thought who kept ragging on him. So far there is no indication I was correct.

If he peaked during the Kansas game and then maintained a level close to it where he was good for 10 points, 6 rebounds, no turnovers I would be very happy.

Most importantly, this guy could play DEFENSE. He is Fast and he is freakishly long like his cousin. I want to see the promise turn into results.

And what happens on this board when the same is said of Pearl?

Voldad I have had good conversations with BPV about Pearl. I have enjoyed talking to Hardwoodfanatic. I suspect I could have good conversations with you. Perhaps if I showed up today on VN and met the new less namecalling Hat I would also not be on his ignore list.

Realistic discussions of the basketball program are fine. Critiques of halfcourt offensive and defensive execution is fine. Player development (and the lack thereof) is a good topic to discuss. The problem is the people who hate Pearl and it is just a very few, instead of being realistic and discussing merits and weaknesses just attack anyone who thinks Pearl is a good coach. I do not think there are very many who would argue Pearl has proven greatness yet, and given no Elite 8s or better it would be hard to argue that at all. I think there is a broad consensus now on the basketball board that Pearl is a good coach who may never be any better than that or not depending on whether he teaches and gets better execution or whether he recruits so well that he can succeed without his talented guys being able to run a halfcourt offense effectively (see John Calipari).

I really want him to succeed. Watching him miss layups just hurts my heart. It would be like watching Kimbo Slice lose a streetbrawl to Steve Urkel.

He has the God given abilities to be great. Blaming injuries every single year (including in the article where they discussed his shoulders) is old. He is not blaming injuries and he is promising a great finish his senior year.

I predicted preseason that he would be much better than people thought who kept ragging on him. So far there is no indication I was correct.

If he peaked during the Kansas game and then maintained a level close to it where he was good for 10 points, 6 rebounds, no turnovers I would be very happy.

Most importantly, this guy could play DEFENSE. He is Fast and he is freakishly long like his cousin. I want to see the promise turn into results.

For once you are right MHF. JP will contribute to this team in a significant way this season. He has too much athletic ability to keep playing the way he has so far--not considering his wing span of a 7 footer.

For once you are right MHF. JP will contribute to this team in a significant way this season. He has too much athletic ability to keep playing the way he has so far--not considering his wing span of a 7 footer.

BPV wrote me a nice PM that helped me stop acting quite as petulant.

I think some people on here got angry about message board arguments and made friends and enemies. I personally enjoy talking about Vols basketball and find more people on here who are as passionate about it as I am (even who disagree with me) than I do in the other circles I travel in.

All pleasantries aside, I am still hoping for an 0-6 day for the Big 10 on Saturday (not that there is much of a chance for that at all) so that my biggest stretch prediction can have some slim hope of coming true.

And what happens on this board when the same is said of Pearl?

We get it already!?! You hate Pearl. You will find any opportunity possible to make a jab at him, but it makes absolutely no sense in this conversation.:crazy:

At least pick a thread where it makes some sense. You might get a stray taker once in a while. You know, the old blind squirrel scenario...

I get what your saying, I hope he can turn it up 2, maybe he needs sum time to get into sum type of ryhthm sumthin?!?!idk i guess we jus have to see.

BPV wrote me a nice PM that helped me stop acting quite as petulant.

I think some people on here got angry about message board arguments and made friends and enemies. I personally enjoy talking about Vols basketball and find more people on here who are as passionate about it as I am (even who disagree with me) than I do in the other circles I travel in.

All pleasantries aside, I am still hoping for an 0-6 day for the Big 10 on Saturday (not that there is much of a chance for that at all) so that my biggest stretch prediction can have some slim hope of coming true.

Not likely that will happen MHF, but, hey, that doesn't keep you from trying. I enjoy the comments of all Vol fans. We all just want our team to be the best they can be and have different thoughts about how to do that.

Great game tonight from Prince. Hopson might become the new JP Prince after this season.

I like JP, more than others..

He makes big plays... and sometimes he makes stupid plays.

VN Store

Back