Pearl's Pointguards

Urinal Mint

40oz To Freedom
Does it feel to anyone else feel like Pearl's evaluation of pointguards goes as far as " wow that guy is quick", because every PG Pearl has signed (R. Smith, Goins, and Maze) seem to be out of control and don't value the ball. If it weren't for him signing 3 guards like this I'd say he's not recruiting that type of guard but all 3 seem to have similar weaknesses. Maze has shown some improvement and Goins plays some decent D but I've never not felt nervous whenever any Pearl recruited guard has the ball. Does Trae Golden fit this mold as well? I've not seen any film on him.

Does it feel to anyone else feel like Pearl's evaluation of pointguards goes as far as " wow that guy is quick", because every PG Pearl has signed (R. Smith, Goins, and Maze) seem to be out of control and don't value the ball. If it weren't for him signing 3 guards like this I'd say he's not recruiting that type of guard but all 3 seem to have similar weaknesses. Maze has shown some improvement and Goins plays some decent D but I've never not felt nervous whenever any Pearl recruited guard has the ball. Does Trae Golden fit this mold as well? I've not seen any film on him.

None seem to understand their role is to draw two and distribute the ball. I think the whole offense is disjointed as a result. The best point guard we have had was when
Dane Bradshaw would slide up and then penetrate and distribute to the shooting guards. He played under control and knew how to draw two or three to him and then find the open man.

Maze isn't that quick.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

None seem to understand their role is to draw two and distribute the ball. I think the whole offense is disjointed as a result. The best point guard we have had was when
Dane Bradshaw would slide up and then penetrate and distribute to the shooting guards. He played under control and knew how to draw two or three to him and then find the open man.
I'm hoping you simply forgot CJ Watson. Otherwise, that's a pretty ludicrous post.

Pearl's evaluation of PGs has been outstanding, actually. He just hasn't landed any of the ones he wanted. We are where we are because we've had to get two never-were players from the JuCo ranks.

Trae Golden might be the best actual point that Pearl has signed, if you ask me.

Pearl's evaluation of PGs has been outstanding, actually. He just hasn't landed any of the ones he wanted. We are where we are because we've had to get two never-were players from the JuCo ranks.
He recruited Courtney Fortson. Ask John Pelphrey how "outstanding" he feels about his evaluation in that case.

Custer, other than Little Big Horn, was a quality general.

*shrug* Pearl's on the court evaluation of Fortson was spot on. The kid's a player. Maybe I should change my statement. Pearl's evaluation of PG basketball talent and skill has been outstanding. His evaluation of character has not.

Better for you?

*shrug* Pearl's on the court evaluation of Fortson was spot on. The kid's a player. Maybe I should change my statement. Pearl's evaluation of PG basketball talent and skill has been outstanding. His evaluation of character has not.

Better for you?
Yeah, Fortson's a great talent. Look how he elevated his team. His game is every bit as trashy as his character.

Yeah, Fortson's a great talent. Look how he elevated his team. His game is every bit as trashy as his character.

His game was better than Ramar (who you touted quite often) played either year he was here. Better A/T as a freshman, more points/game, similar FG% and better at the FT line. The kid is a thug, but he was a solid contributor last year for Arkansas.

His game was better than Ramar (who you touted quite often) played either year he was here. Better A/T as a freshman, more points/game, similar FG% and better at the FT line. The kid is a thug, but he was a solid contributor last year for Arkansas.
Yeah, he contributed to two whole SEC wins. God knows what would have happened without him. They might have had a bad season.

Fortson is a good player. His character sucks, but he's a good player.

Other than year one, the thing that has killed Pearl is the PG position. Hopefully Golden, Ware can fix that in the next two-three years.

How "outstanding" was his evaluation of Marques Johnson? How brilliant was wasting the better part of a year holding a commtiment from a stiff like Cordell Passley?

Fortson is a turnover machine who gets his points at the expense of his shooting percentage.

Yeah, he contributed to two whole SEC wins. God knows what would have happened without him. They might have had a bad season.

This is an outstanding argument.

Dan Marino sucked as a QB because he contributed to zero super bowls for the Dolphins.

I'm hoping you simply forgot CJ Watson. Otherwise, that's a pretty ludicrous post.

CJ was here prior to Pearl, don't believe Bruce recruited him, I didn't include Bert Bertlecamp or Billy Haun either Albert.

This is an outstanding argument.

Dan Marino sucked as a QB because he contributed to zero super bowls for the Dolphins.
You apparently know nothing of the situation. Fortson's idiocy killed his team last season. He keeps Washington from being the #1 option and they clearly had a better than 2 win team. Fortson is a POS.

Marino gets plenty of credit for dragging his outfit to a SB game. He also gets beaten up, rightfully so, for having a truckload of hollow stats. Fortson doesn't belong in that argument, as he is a team killer.

CJ was here prior to Pearl, don't believe Bruce recruited him, I didn't include Bert Bertlecamp or Billy Haun either Albert.

In my opinion, one of the ways to judge a point guard is assist to turnover ratio, usually if they are out of control and don't distribute well it affects their assist to turnover ratio. I think that Bradshaws ratio was exceptional, even more so since he didn't actually play the point.

VN Store

Back