#12 Tennessee vs ETSU 7:00 PM EST Game Thread

whocaresgobobcats

Vomit Free Since 93
#12 Tennessee Vols take on the ETSU Bucs from the Atlantic Sun (my bad).

Time: 7:00 PM EST

Place: TBA

TV: SportSouth

Radio: UT Sports

ETSU: Roster Stats

ETSU is 4-3, but have already knocked off one SEC opponent, Arkansas, in Fayetteville and put up a good effort against Louisville. This should be a good challenge for the Vols as most in-state schools give a little extra to be UT and ETSU is not a bad team. Their leading scorers are Tommy Hubbard, averaging 18.3 PPG and Justin Tubbs is averaging 15.3 PPG. Both are guards, so this will be a good defensive challenge for our guards. Hubbard is also averaging 10.4 rebounds a game, so he looks to be a very tough player.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for the post. This is the first game I'll get the chance to watch down here in sc.

Hate to whip up on a little brother but guess we'll have to do so tonight and wish 'em good luck the rest of the way. GO VOLS!

Might be a lot closer than expected. I don't see a full fledged press and their guards are decent. Big day for Maze IMO. I think he shows up to play a lot better than we've seen. I like Tubbs so I'm looking forward to see how Maze/Hopson guard him.

They played us pretty close a few years ago, even gave us a bit of a scare. They can be a tough team, but I'm hoping we smack them down quick and run away with it. Go Vols! Let's put on a good show tonight!

Now that it's right before game time I've been thinking about the matchup. If Tennessee doesn't blow ETSU out by 10+ then we have a much different team than I thought we did. I know ETSU is hot right now, especially after beating Arkansas, but how good is Arkansas anyway? Usually pretty horrible. I don't think there is any way they play as well against us as they did Arkansas -- they shot 78% (11-14) from 3. If ETSU can do that every game then they are a much different team than I thought they were.

Should be a blow out, we are on another level. But ETSU will surprise some people this year (Ask Arkansas) and probably be in the NCAA tournament. Hopefully in the same pairing as Tennessee and they can play like they were supposed to last year.

what in the hell is wrong with wayne chism. Throw that man a doggie biscuit and let 'em dunk!! haha I think quality is about the same for me.

Can anyone help me out on where to find it online. I live in Charlotte and they are showing the South Carolina/WKU game now, then showing the UT/ETSU game on a tape delay at 9.. don't want o wait

VN Store

Back