The Bruce Pearl opinion thread (merged)

Are you in favor of the job Coach Pearl is doing with the Vols?

• Total voters

GoBigOrangeVols

Similar to other Vol fans that frequent VolNation, I don't keep pace with tracking the basketvols quite the same way I do with the Vol football program. It is obvious from reading through some of the threads tonight that many die hard Vol fans have bad feelings towards our Coach, which comes as a surprise to me. I think it would be interesting to get a percentage of people that care enough about the basketball program to actually be on a Vol Basketball message board about whether or not the are in favor of Coach Pearl.

Similar to other Vol fans that frequent VolNation, I don't keep pace with tracking the basketvols quite the same way I do with the Vol football program. It is obvious from reading through some of the threads tonight that many die hard Vol fans have bad feelings towards our Coach, which comes as a surprise to me. I think it would be interesting to get a percentage of people that care enough about the basketball program to actually be on a Vol Basketball message board about whether or not the are in favor of Coach Pearl.
By looking at the poll, they seem to like Bruce. He has worked hard to build this program to what it is now. I think he is doing well. Who was the person that voted no?

I voted yes. Bruce Pearl has done an AMAZING job since taking over. This class IMO has not only been the best recruiting class but the most crucial class as well, coming into this recruiting season he needed some backcourt help he did that by getting two very good and solid guards in Jordan McKrae(sorry if I misspelled) and Trae Golden after getting those guys he needed some size in frontcourt and he got that by getting the best power forward in the nation in Tobias Harris. Though I would like to see them get another forward just to make sure we've got some depth in the frontcourt for next year, this class is considered a successful class. Great job Bruce Pearl and Co., you've done a marvelous job this recruiting season, now lets have a great year this year on the basketball court. Go Vols.

This aint even a hard question......How much fun did we used to have at TBA? Not a whole lot.

I don't believe my eyes. i mean seriously. I know were supposed to be nice and courteous on volnation but WTF. WHO is the idiot that voted NO and did his finger slip or something. and who is still undecided. Bruce pearl has put mens TN vols basketball on the map. I hated not being excited about mens Tn basketball but Pearl and his energy, up tempo style of play, and the way he supports other vols sports you would have to be half retarded not to like him or the job he has done resurrecting this program from the dead. Do your thing pearl your the man.

Attachments

• pearl 1.jpg
    pearl 1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 318
  • pearl 2.jpg
    pearl 2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 316
  • pearl 3.jpg
    pearl 3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 315
In favor of the job he's doing?
What a silly question.
Why don't you re-word that and get back to me?

In favor of the job he's doing?
What a silly question.
Why don't you re-word that and get back to me?

Its an approval rating. No one cares what joe six pack's personal opinion of the man is, what matters is if people approve or disapprove of the job he is doing as head coach.

Looks like the overwhelming majority likes the job Coach Pearl is doing... I guess its just a very vocal minority.

Moot argument. As long as CBP fills seats in TBA, Hamilton will be pleased.

I guess if you are satisfied with a sweet 16 and an underachieving team....Pearls your man :) j/k I think he has done a very good job and his recruiting is excellent. I'm glad he got married or he could have been the next Billy Gillispie. Pearl also seems to have no problem playing on a court named after a woman.....good for him.

Hat definitely wouldn't vote no

I think he knows how much Pearl has done to resurrect Tennessee Basketball and I bet he's very grateful that basketball actually means something at Tennessee again.

Here's the reasons he probably doesn't like Pearl (and Hat feel free to correct me):

1. Loud mouth, self promoter, annoying, whatever - But I'd argue without this, Tennessee Basketball wouldn't be as "hot" as it is right now. And frankly, I love that he's willing to speak his mind and joke around and get under the skin of people. I like that he's not from the regular "coaching mold"

2. A bunch of coaches don't like Pearl - I know Hat talks to a lot of other coaches and they probably don't like them because of reason #1. Hat respects their opinion.

3. Playing style / lack of defense

4. Hollier than thou attitude - Only the naive believe Pearl is a saint, but anyone with a brain should be able to figure out that he could be a lot worse. I think he's a terrific person and a great representative of UT.

Hat definitely wouldn't vote no

I think he knows how much Pearl has done to resurrect Tennessee Basketball and I bet he's very grateful that basketball actually means something at Tennessee again.

Here's the reasons he probably doesn't like Pearl (and Hat feel free to correct me):

1. Loud mouth, self promoter, annoying, whatever - But I'd argue without this, Tennessee Basketball wouldn't be as "hot" as it is right now. And frankly, I love that he's willing to speak his mind and joke around and get under the skin of people. I like that he's not from the regular "coaching mold"

2. A bunch of coaches don't like Pearl - I know Hat talks to a lot of other coaches and they probably don't like them because of reason #1. Hat respects their opinion.

3. Playing style / lack of defense

4. Hollier than thou attitude - Only the naive believe Pearl is a saint, but anyone with a brain should be able to figure out that he could be a lot worse. I think he's a terrific person and a great representative of UT.

Good points. I also believe there is a lot of fallout from people who were mad that Pearl "narc'ed" on some illegal recruiting years ago. (SOME of Fulmer's downfall could be equated to the same sort of hatred.) People need to get over that. If that is all they got, then that is just stupid.

Good points. I also believe there is a lot of fallout from people who were mad that Pearl "narc'ed" on some illegal recruiting years ago. (SOME of Fulmer's downfall could be equated to the same sort of hatred.) People need to get over that. If that is all they got, then that is just stupid.

Hat's said that he doesn't think Pearl was a snitch in that case, but that was back when we were winning so he may have changed his opinion since then.

I turned it on after tipoff. It was 19-13 ECU. . and Tennessee turned on the pressure. VERY NICE!!

Yeah that Pearl fella, I don't know :D

We beat a crappy team the way we should beat a crappy team, but we won't know how good we really are until we face real competition. Assuming UT and Purdue take care of business, they should face each other in this tournament. That will be the first real test for this team, IMO.

Easy there hot shot, this wasn't North Carolina it was East Carolina.

DANG. Vols covered the 26 point spread, I think we call that exceeding expectations. 39 point victory on the heels of a 70 pt win is definitely grounds for dismissal.

VN Store

Back