How will Pastner keep all those guards happy?

MikeHamiltonFan

Coach Pastner in Memphis yesterday picked up a commitment from Jelan Kendrick.

From the GP article on CBSS
"Kendrick is a 6-foot-6 wing from just outside of Atlanta. He had previously stated he would wait until May to sign, but those plans changed during a weekend visit to Memphis. Kendrick is the third prospect ranked in MaxPreps.com's top 20 to commit to the Tigers. The others are Will Barton (No. 3 at MaxPreps.com) and Joe Jackson (No. 11 at MaxPreps.com). Memphis also has commitments from Chris Crawford, Antonio Barton and Hippolyte Tsafack."

How on earth will all of those guys be happy playing together? Chris Crawford is never going to see the floor.
The rumor is that Pastner is getting Tarik Black to commit soon as well.

If TN gets Pinkston and Harris we will have a fantastic class, but we will be facing tough competition every year still when we play the Tigers.

Coach Pastner in Memphis yesterday picked up a commitment from Jelan Kendrick.

From the GP article on CBSS
"Kendrick is a 6-foot-6 wing from just outside of Atlanta. He had previously stated he would wait until May to sign, but those plans changed during a weekend visit to Memphis. Kendrick is the third prospect ranked in MaxPreps.com's top 20 to commit to the Tigers. The others are Will Barton (No. 3 at MaxPreps.com) and Joe Jackson (No. 11 at MaxPreps.com). Memphis also has commitments from Chris Crawford, Antonio Barton and Hippolyte Tsafack."

How on earth will all of those guys be happy playing together? Chris Crawford is never going to see the floor.
The rumor is that Pastner is getting Tarik Black to commit soon as well.

If TN gets Pinkston and Harris we will have a fantastic class, but we will be facing tough competition every year still when we play the Tigers.
Tuesday, but possibly tomorrow.

From listening to Jelan's announcement last night, all of those guards know each other and have played together and are willing to sacrifice some PT to get to the big goal. It will be interesting to see how Josh handles all of that. Nice problem to have though.

and they have to squeeze in elliot williams somewhere. but who knows Im glad they are going to stay good because it makes for a lot of publicity when Tennessee and our punk little stepbrother to the west take the court.

I don't think Tarik goes to Memphis. Maybe Marquette. Glad to see Pastner recruit better than Cal though. I hate Cal.

I don't think Tarik goes to Memphis. Maybe Marquette. Glad to see Pastner recruit better than Cal though. I hate Cal.

Memphis Roar confirms that Tarik Black committed Sunday night, upon returning to Memphis from his Florida visit.

I just heard a Kentucky fan referencing to Memphis and how well they're recruiting. He said Memphis has the chance to be a "Kentucky Jr.".. Gotta be kidding me...

Their arrogance has no limit.

Especially since their most recent "recruiting" class chose Cal and Memphis first. Those kids didn't know about the "mystique" of Kentucky, nor care about Kentucky prior to Cal getting to Lexington.

I would pay approximately $70 toward buying his mother a Lexus if we could get Hippolyte Tsafack to change his commitment. Bob and Bert with that name would be glorious.

and they have to squeeze in elliot williams somewhere. but who knows Im glad they are going to stay good because it makes for a lot of publicity when Tennessee and our punk little stepbrother to the west take the court.

==========================================

Punk little stepbrother? We wanted to declare a truce with our under educated, toothless ridge running 3rd cousins, but you just had to insult us eh? :nono:

We now have a common enemy! Calipai stole Selby from you, and our entire 2009 recruiting class! don't you think we need to concentrate on hating them? :question:

==========================================

Punk little stepbrother? We wanted to declare a truce with our under educated, toothless ridge running 3rd cousins, but you just had to insult us eh? :nono:

We now have a common enemy! Calipai stole Selby from you, and our entire 2009 recruiting class! don't you think we need to concentrate on hating them? :question:

I got enough hate to go around between Memphis, Kensucky, and UF.

Ridgeway standout Tarik Black joins Memphis Tigers

It is hard not to like the young and affable Pastner. Number 1 recruiting class by focusing on relationships with local coaches and a little more. It will be hard for even Bruce to pull from Memphis now. It will help if we can beat them, but I called that our first loss of the season before we got going and I think that is very possible.

Ridgeway standout Tarik Black joins Memphis Tigers

It is hard not to like the young and affable Pastner. Number 1 recruiting class by focusing on relationships with local coaches and a little more. It will be hard for even Bruce to pull from Memphis now. It will help if we can beat them, but I called that our first loss of the season before we got going and I think that is very possible.

Now? When were we ever pulling kids from Memphis?

Would have been easier with Cal at the helm in that there was starting to be a perceived lack of respect for local guys because he was so national.

Yea, we're in real trouble now since we no longer will be pulling in all that talent we usually have from Memphis.

Yea, we're in real trouble now since we no longer will be pulling in all that talent we usually have from Memphis.

You can attempt to twist what I said but it will not change it.

It will be harder to get Memphis talent with Pastner now wanting to lock down the city than it was with Calipari who sometimes passed on very talented Memphis guys because he liked other guys better.

It will be harder to get Memphis talent with Pastner now wanting to lock down the city than it was with Calipari who sometimes passed on very talented Memphis guys because he liked other guys better.
Truth. With Adonis Thomas ('11) and Jarnell Stokes ('12) coming out of Memphis int he next 2 years, I would be surprised if they left the city.

EDIT: But like others have said, Bruce hasn't had much (any?) success anyway here.

Last edited:
You can attempt to twist what I said but it will not change it.

Tennessee rarely got any good players out of Memphis anyways. Don't see how it changes anything.

VN Store

Back