Can anyone shoot the 3 for us this year?

T smith should be alright not great, Hopson.... maybe, Skylar McBee the Walk on can shoot the 3 all day, Kenny hall not a chance, Melvin Goings i dont know, Bobby maze streaky, Cam Tatum streaky, Jp Prince ha yeah right and Josh Tabb no.

at pg no not really unless maze or goins surprise us. mcbee can shoot the 3 but how much he plays remains unknown. at sg hopson should be much improved and probably our best threat. tatum showed flashes of a great shooter but was too streaky, if he's more consistent he could be a good threat from 3. sf with jp will be a joke. tyler at sf and pf I expect to be much improved from 3. he has said he has been working very hard on his shot and is supposedly much improved, hitting threes at a 75% clip in practice.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tatum was fighting a nagging injury last year as well. Let's look for him to be much more productive this year all the way around. We'll get back to the fast pace game again this year,.

at pg no not really unless maze or goins surprise us. mcbee can shoot the 3 but how much he plays remains unknown. at sg hopson should be much improved and probably our best threat. tatum showed flashes of a great shooter but was too streaky, if he's more consistent he could be a good threat from 3. sf with jp will be a joke. tyler at sf and pf I expect to be much improved from 3. he has said he has been working very hard on his shot and is supposedly much improved, hitting threes at a 75% clip in practice.

Sounds like you may have confused that with his free throw %...nobody shoots 75% from 3 over extended periods of time.

no that was his 3 point %. its in practice and shootarounds with no D so its obviously not gonna be that high but its an improvement.

Tatum is probably the only one I can think of who has the chance to be a solid threat.

Tyler and Hopson should be decent. McBee might be solid, but I doubt he'll play much. Thats all I can even think of.

Hopson and Tatum all day...Mcbee you'll have to give some time so he can prove it at college level. Don't doubt him, but most people have trouble first year.

We could be good this year if we can play better at the press defense....
We have some really talented players on this team and if they can play together we will be a serious threat...
Question is has Chism put on any size?? He does not need much just about 10 pounds..seems to get bodied to easy downlow...
Tyler Smith has been working on his footwork because his setup and release at the 3 point line was too slow...but downlow and around the free throw line he is my favorite..He makes things happen. I hope he has a career year...We will def need him.
Hopson has gained great size and has really come into his own according to some of the articles I have read. Hopefully he will show us this year why he was a McDonalds all American.
Tatum played streaky last year so I hope he becomes more consistant...He can really be a threat from behind the arc...then when he drives he is fearless going to the basket...I love that about him....
I just hope and pray PRINCE learns how to shoot a little better...He is a great slasher and usually is a pretty good follow up player after someone misses a shot...he just scares the hell out of me when he lines up for a shot...
I have heard that Kenny O'Neil has gained some pretty good size and looks to maybe help out some in the rotation with Brian Williams...Who I hope has a breakout year...Dude has great size...He is raw as can be and needs better footwork but not that bad of a player....but please dont air ball anymore free throws this year....
The real question is at PG...Can Bobby Maze play better this year and can Maze,Goins and Mcbee play the lockdown defense that a point guard needs to be able to play for this team to be successful??

Last edited:
Look for McBee to be our most consistent 3 point guy this year. This kid can play and will earn a scholarship.

Hopefully Hopson successfully removed a couple of layers of atmosphere from his 3-ball. He's certainly practicing his shot like crazy, according to him.

I think what everyone is trying to say is no.

Hopson is our only hope or a wide open Tatum. The problem for Hopson is that he is our only real slasher meaning he can help others get open on the perimeter but he might struggle at good looks for himself. Team will continue to pack it in and watch us shoot ourselves out of games.....

I think what everyone is trying to say is no.

Hopson is our only hope or a wide open Tatum. The problem for Hopson is that he is our only real slasher meaning he can help others get open on the perimeter but he might struggle at good looks for himself. Team will continue to pack it in and watch us shoot ourselves out of games.....

Only real slasher????
That is JP Prince Specialty....Do you watch many games??

Hopefully Hopson successfully removed a couple of layers of atmosphere from his 3-ball. He's certainly practicing his shot like crazy, according to him.

I don't think changing his shot would be a wise decision. That high arc makes the goal that much bigger, because the ball is coming down into it at a near 90 degree angle. Personally, I think Hopson will be a legitimate threat to score from anywhere on the floor this year.

We could be good this year if we can play better at the press defense....
We have some really talented players on this team and if they can play together we will be a serious threat...
Question is has Chism put on any size?? He does not need much just about 10 pounds..seems to get bodied to easy downlow...
Tyler Smith has been working on his footwork because his setup and release at the 3 point line was too slow...but downlow and around the free throw line he is my favorite..He makes things happen. I hope he has a career year...We will def need him.
Hopson has gained great size and has really come into his own according to some of the articles I have read. Hopefully he will show us this year why he was a McDonalds all American.
Tatum played streaky last year so I hope he becomes more consistant...He can really be a threat from behind the arc...then when he drives he is fearless going to the basket...I love that about him....
I just hope and pray PRINCE learns how to shoot a little better...He is a great slasher and usually is a pretty good follow up player after someone misses a shot...he just scares the hell out of me when he lines up for a shot...
I have heard that Kenny O'Neil has gained some pretty good size and looks to maybe help out some in the rotation with Brian Williams...Who I hope has a breakout year...Dude has great size...He is raw as can be and needs better footwork but not that bad of a player....but please dont air ball anymore free throws this year....
The real question is at PG...Can Bobby Maze play better this year and can Maze,Goins and Mcbee play the lockdown defense that a point guard needs to be able to play for this team to be successful??

I hope Kenny O'Neil has a break out year also, since I haven't never heard of him. Is he related to Kevin?

Last edited:
There was a walk-on last year that made the "squad" because he supposedly hit OVER 30 Threes in a row during his tryout. He'll be a Soph this year and will have to try out again.
I think his last name is Land (maybe Austin Land).
I'm writing more that I know... maybe someone else has heard more about him.

VN Store

Back