Tennessee vs. Kentucky - Official Game thread - 9:00pm EST ESPN

robvols

Welcome to the official thread to the 2009 series vs UK. This will also be the place for live gameday coverage.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Early predictions

Meeks and Patterson both score over 20 points.
One of the two has a career high.
We lose by ten.

You have to stop doing this. Nothing wrong with wanting to be the guy that starts a thread, just do it right, at least...

I hate KY, and I'm worried about this game.
That's really all I care to say on the subject right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Meeks put up 30+. That being said...our defense has been showing signs of improvement. Little signs, but signs nonetheless.

I just hope we can get the home win against them this season. They played great against us in both games last season. We had a really good game in Knoxville and still barely escaped. We need a split with Kentucky.

I agree!! Days before hand! He wants to be THAT GUY!

And the main thing is he labels it the "series thread". So he kills two birds with one stone. And if you start a Real Official Game thread, it will most likely just get merged.
He started one for the Georgia game and included the bit about "Stay tuned for Hat's Section 103 Postgame Report", the freakin' game was at Georgia, and Hat was at Pembroke's or whatever. I mean , we all love Hat to death, but get off his nuts, that was kinda weird...

You have to stop doing this. Nothing wrong with wanting to be the guy that starts a thread, just do it right, at least...

:good!:

Everyone is used to "Official game" threads. Much easier to spot in the thread list.

Thanks for the concerns you have for this series and the way it is setup.

1. Why have two live game threads for the same team while you can merge it to one thread? vs. Georgia? @ Georgia- IT'S THE SAME SERIES

2. HAT is known for his postgame reports...........I didn't know about how he approaches an away game so now I know it is called the Pembroke Report. The promo will now be dubbed the HAT POSTGAME REPORT to be more consistent. My threads will be known for pregame talk and live game action.

3. After the UK series, all threads from here on out will be OFFICIAL GAME THREADS.

Thanks for your comments about the thread series and will address the issue.

This is how you make them

- You name the "The Official (or unofficial if you're not qualified - which you aren't) Kentucky (nickname optional here ex. 'Wildcats') vs. (The) Tennessee (Volunteers - once again 'the' and 'Volunteers' options) game thread". Now, you may insert 'Basketball' before game thread - but I wouldn't advise it since basketball has its own forum - it was advised before when it was all in the main forum.

Other ways you may do it is change the "vs." part depending on if its home or away. If it's at home I'd recommend leaving it as "vs." and listing Tennessee second but I guess you could insert "at" instead but still leaving Tennessee as the 2nd team. If it's away you could list 'The Tennessee Volunteers' first and then insert 'at' instead of 'vs.' - (ex. The Official(Unofficial) Tennessee Volunteers at the Georgia Bulldogs game thread). That's optional but the 'vs.' format always looks the best imo but the 'at' obviously clears up whether the game is home or away.

Mine would typically go (now that we have a basketball forum) - "The Official Kentucky Wildcats vs. The Tennessee Volunteers game thread".

There you go - now you know how to make a game thread - also - try not to make the game thread until the actual day of the game. You could make discussion threads in the days leading up to the game if you want to prevent clutter in the game thread.

Follow these rules and you'll soon be a game thread making super star - but then you'll quickly retire from it after about 5-10 game threads. This should be stickied.

Edit: this post is meant to be taken lightly :p - but seriously, that's how you should name your game threads.

Last edited:
- You name the "The Official (or unofficial if you're not qualified - which you aren't)

You could've stopped there. But good job...
Nothing against the original poster, but has he even hung around and actually talked basketball with anybody?
Start a thread, (of course knowing it will be successful since you dub it the game thread), but stay around and bring something to the table besides just starting the thread. After a little while maybe you could be qualified like Bassmanbruno spoke of...
Honor the Tradition !

:p

Didn't mean that in a negative way. He just needs to use to search tool and dig up some of the older game threads and learn by example. We can't screw up the game thread titles or rules - its bad luck.

- You name the "The Official (or unofficial if you're not qualified - which you aren't) Kentucky (nickname optional here ex. 'Wildcats') vs. (The) Tennessee (Volunteers - once again 'the' and 'Volunteers' options) game thread". Now, you may insert 'Basketball' before game thread - but I wouldn't advise it since basketball has its own forum - it was advised before when it was all in the main forum.

Other ways you may do it is change the "vs." part depending on if its home or away. If it's at home I'd recommend leaving it as "vs." and listing Tennessee second but I guess you could insert "at" instead but still leaving Tennessee as the 2nd team. If it's away you could list 'The Tennessee Volunteers' first and then insert 'at' instead of 'vs.' - (ex. The Official(Unofficial) Tennessee Volunteers at the Georgia Bulldogs game thread). That's optional but the 'vs.' format always looks the best imo but the 'at' obviously clears up whether the game is home or away.

Mine typical go (now that we have a basketball forum) - "The Official Kentucky Wildcats vs. The Tennessee Volunteers game thread".

There you go - now you know how to make a game thread - also - try not to make the game thread until the actual day of the game. You could make discussion threads in the days leading up to the game if you want to prevent clutter in the game thread.

Follow these rules and you'll soon be a game thread making super star - but then you'll quickly retire from it after about 5-10 game threads. This should be stickied.

Pretty spot on.....The "Series" thing is a little annoying.

I can appreciate the OP's enthusiasm, however.

It's what we all were thinking but just couldn't seem to get it out until you did...
It's simply fact, no big deal. He/she seems to take our constructive criticism pretty well.

You could've stopped there. But good job...
Nothing against the original poster, but has he even hung around and actually talked basketball with anybody?
Start a thread, (of course knowing it will be successful since you dub it the game thread), but stay around and bring something to the table besides just starting the thread. After a little while maybe you could be qualified like Bassmanbruno spoke of...
Honor the Tradition !

Thanks for your concern as well. I've talked about the KU game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Mine would typically go (now that we have a basketball forum) - "The Official Kentucky Wildcats vs. The Tennessee Volunteers game thread".

Edit: this post is meant to be taken lightly :p - but seriously, that's how you should name your game threads.

it's bad mojo to mess with Official Gameday threads. Seriously, bad stuff happens

I want to see the boys go out there and kick some big blue tail...I can only hope I can pick up a connection to keep track of the game down here in peru...Seems to be some hot spots and cold spots for using this wireless service here...Got my fingers crossed

Tomorrow may be a disaster, but today becomes a little more terrific each time a Cat fan with a standing wager asks me for points.

VN Store

Back