Observations From The Opener.

hatvol96

1. Tennessee has problems of Biblical proportions at point guard.
2. Emmanuel Negedu is Donnell Harvey, V. 2.0.
3. Renaldo Woolridge is about 100 times better than when I saw him two summers ago.
4. Brian Williams is eventually going to be one of the best interior players in the SEC.
5. Wayne Chism will be the best pro on this roster.
6. The last thing Scotty Hopson needs to be thinking about is the NBA Draft.
7. Ryan Childress will be lucky to play 200 minutes this season.
8. Tyler Smith's jumper looks much improved.
9. Stephen Pearl playing significant minutes? Really?
10. Cam Tatum's return to health is critical for this team.

what did you think of Hopson though, other than he doesnt need to be thinking about the NBA?

I saw Ryan Childress at West Town Mall a couple of weeks ago...parked in a spot reserved for the handicapped. I was walking into the mall when I saw him pull the special tag out of his glove compartment and put it up on the rear-view-mirror. He then got out and laughed like a goon.
This only multiplied my already existing feelings that this guy is a major d-bag.
I know this has nothing to do with tonight's game. I just wanted to share.

I've saw him at the mall a lot too. I guess when you're ripping a scholarship away from someone else you can have time to chill with your friends.

1. Tennessee has problems of Biblical proportions at point guard.
2. Emmanuel Negedu is Donnell Harvey, V. 2.0.
3. Renaldo Woolridge is about 100 times better than when I saw him two summers ago.
4. Brian Williams is eventually going to be one of the best interior players in the SEC.
5. Wayne Chism will be the best pro on this roster.
6. The last thing Scotty Hopson needs to be thinking about is the NBA Draft.
7. Ryan Childress will be lucky to play 200 minutes this season.
8. Tyler Smith's jumper looks much improved.
9. Stephen Pearl playing significant minutes? Really?
10. Cam Tatum's return to health is critical for this team.

Bold statement about Chism, he looked great tonight. BW might be the most improved player on the team. He goes after the rebounds and is quick on the dish.

Agreed about Hopson, I think he will see a couple years as a team player at Tennessee.

Negedu might be the best long term pickup Bruce has made for his program and I think you are saying he will be gone in a year.

Last edited:
Childress is actually a pretty cool guy. I sat next to him at the 'Bama football game.

And our team D sucks basically. We let them shoot like 50% from the floor.

Why the hell is our backup PG a guy who couldn't even walk on at Chattanooga?

Pearl played waay too much honestly.

Chism didn't look too great spotting up as he has in the past, but still solid.

Williams is a beast on the boards.

Hopson was solid on the offensive end, but he's probably our worst defensive player

I think Negedu is my new favorite player. Reminds me a lot of Jason Maxiell from the Pistons.

Then again, we're crippled with injuries and other assorted things
West, Tabb, Jurick, Prince, and Childress all out. We'll get better when they do.

But Pearl said it best. If that was Chattanooga and not Indy tonight, we lose.

Is this due to the complete and utter lack of depth, or do you have problems with Maze as well?

The lack of depth is only temporary though.

Prince comes back and we have a backup.
West gets approved and we have a backup
And I'm pretty sure Tabb could even play a little bit if need be.

Our backup point guard was a walk on because West, Prince and Tabb were all out tonight.

Of all the high schools out there I find it hard to believe there isn't a Bobby Hurley ball handler out there un recruited.

Since we're at it

1)We're still struggling in the areas that we struggled at last season.(depth at guard, defense, etc. The only thing we may have improved on is free throw shooting.)

2)Those who thought that Maze and Woolridge would struggle are wrong. Both will be valuable contributors on this year's squad.

3)When healthy, Tatum could rival Hopson as top Freshman on the team

4)You know it's sad when you're making a mockery out of Dane Bradshaw's offensive game, Pearl's doing that.

5)The crowd looked great, hopefully it'll be that good Friday for Tusculum.

Yeah, I know they'll be back. I was just trying to get Hat's take on Maze. Thanks though :hi:

1. If Prince plays significant minutes at the point, he'll make Ramar Smith look like Rod Strickland.
2. Don't make any large wagers on West getting cleared.
3. We're going to find out if Tabb can play the point.

Hat, I know it's early in the season (very early) but do you think this team has what it takes to win the SEC.? Also, how good is UF going to be this year? TIA....

1. If Prince plays significant minutes at the point, he'll make Ramar Smith look like Rod Strickland.
2. Don't make any large wagers on West getting cleared.
3. We're going to find out if Tabb can play the point.

1)It doesn't matter, I'd rather have him over a walk-on
2)This sucks
3)I've always liked him, he was the forgotten one out of our recruiting class. He's worked to develop into more than a defensive stopper and I'd love to see him step up and contribute valuable minutes.

Bold statement about Chism, he looked great tonight. BW might be the most improved player on the team. He goes after the rebounds and is quick on the dish.

Agreed about Hopson, I think he will see a couple years as a team player at Tennessee.

Negedu might be the best long term pickup Bruce has made for his program and I think you are saying he will be gone in a year.

I remember running into Negedu at the Memphis airport a few months back and this dude is a beast. He is also one hell of a basketball player..

VN Store

Back