One and done?

XtennesseeX

Premium Member
I don't think Hopson will be a 'one & done' player, but I could be wrong.

Rivals.com College Basketball - Preseason story line No. 19: One and done?

In 2007-08, 11 freshmen were drafted. Seven were taken in the lottery, including No. 2 pick Michael Beasley, who bested Durant's gaudy statistics on his way to being named Rivals.com's National Player of the Year.

That record should be safe for at least one year. The 2008 class of high school prospects isn't considered nearly as deep or as talented as the previous two. But that's not to say freshmen won't be making a big impact in 2008-09. There are at least nine one-and-done candidates. We take a look at each and what makes them so highly touted...

Scotty Hopson, G, Tennessee: After the departure of veteran guards Chris Lofton and JaJuan Smith, Tennessee found exactly what it needed in Hopson. He is a dynamic scorer who will provide plenty of perimeter firepower. At 6-7, the ultra-athletic wing will be extremely tough for any guard in the college ranks to defend. He could prove to be the missing piece in what gets the Vols past the Sweet 16, where each of their past two seasons have ended.

Should be fun to watch.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action. I'm sure he will be talking with Tyler, who stayed when he didn't have to, before making any decisions. Money is a strong persuader, however.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action. I'm sure he will be talking with Tyler, who stayed when he didn't have to, before making any decisions. Money is a strong persuader, however.

Time will tell, but he should be fun watching. I guess the real question on Scotty right now is his defense.

Wish I didn't have to work tommarrow night, but I will definitely be at fridays game:rock:

It's funny looking at that list of players and comparing what they have done so far in comparison to Hopson. Demar Derozan should have won the dunk contest tonight.

He could prove to be the missing piece in what gets the Vols past the Sweet 16, where each of their past two seasons have ended.
That part of the article made me chuckle

Scotty is a big flop compared to Wall and Bledsoe. He is a 4 year player at UT then he goes to Europe with his daddy J.P. Prince. The ONLY NBA talent on this team is Chism, maybe. The rest are wanna be's.

"He's the missing piece"....oh how correct they are. He's missing from every game he plays in.

He's shown flashes, but he's just not very physical. Has got to get stronger and learn how to dribble to ball.

He has the physical tools and the ability. He needs to be more assertive, because he can get to the rim at will when he wants to.

At first, I thought this was a post about Kentucky's stay in the NCAA tourney if they have to play a team that can control the tempo, execute zone defense, and occasionally drain the three-ball.

At the end of last night's game, even though we lost, UT's team should've been yelling up to KY's fans "Over-rated, Over-rated!":)

VN Store

Back