Coach Barnes Basketball Contract Extension

Spook1

Ancient Vol
:rock::eek:lol::crazy: We are now in the middle of July and absolutely no information from AD Fulmer on basketball contract extensions of Barnes and Warlick. Has this already been accomplished on Warlick and the whole thing is being kept secret? Warlick supposedly made a statement on June 28 that she expected an announcement in 2-weeks. If the Lady Vols are ever to return to the "Glory Days" of Pat Summit, it will take a new coach...Warlick has proved she ain't got it!!!! Hire Kara Lawson and lets get it done now.

Reactions: 2 people
...Hire Kara Lawson and lets get it done now.

Just curious as to what makes Kara your number one choice? I know she played for Pat, played in the WNBA, and is in broadcasting, but she has never been a head coach, never been an assistant coach, and has never recruited.

She seems to be extremely knowledgeable about the game and does an excellent job in broadcasting men's and women's games, but I am not sure that would guarantee success in coaching. I would prefer the Lady Vols hire a proven coach and, if Kara is in the future plans, hire her as an assistant first to gather some experience.

Yes, I realize our current coach was an assistant first and that didn't guarantee success either.

Last edited:
I want Holly to succeed in the worst way but she has failed miserably with all kinds of talent. If we aren’t back on top in 2-3 years I hope she will bow out gracefully and we can hire a proven winner

I think Barnes is here another 2 years then hangs it up. Just a gut feeling

At least a few more final four appearances

How about if Holly produces a consistent sweet 16 club before UT gives her a contract extension? Additionally,does anyone know how far Lady Vol ticket sales have slid with Ms. Warwick in charge ?

Last edited:
Discussing how old he is looking in the face is ridiculous. I can see him coaching another 5 years if he can continue to get the kind of coachable kids that he's gotten the last few years. We know he will be here through the Grant William's class. If he gets adequate replacements I think it continues to be fun.

If he thinks you have to recruit kids by promising the NBA and telling them education is not important then I think he'll hang it up because he is too quality of a person.

Reactions: 1 person
I should create a thread in the womens basketball forum titled “Coach Warlick Basketball Contract Extension” but actually just talk about Coach Barnes extension

Reactions: 3 people
:clapping::clapping::clapping:To start winning basketball games and conference championships and back in the final 4 nationally...we have become a total embarrassment to the program that Pat Summit built and the "laughing stock of the SEC". Attendance keeps going down and if it keeps up, the Lady Vols will not be producing a profit anymore when Summit used to produce nearly $2 million per year that helps supports other non-profit sports.

She’s graduating young women, teaching them to make bombass sandwiches and getting them ready for life in the real world. What more can we ask for?

When every boy/girl scout and rec league kid in East Tennessee gets free tickets of course the LVs are gonna draw good crowds.

As far as running at a profit goes if that ever was true and I doubt it now that Pat and her ego dont have to be paid as much as the mens coach they should be making quite a bit more money.

When every boy/girl scout and rec league kid in East Tennessee gets free tickets of course the LVs are gonna draw good crowds.

As far as running at a profit goes if that ever was true and I doubt it now that Pat and her ego dont have to be paid as much as the mens coach they should be making quite a bit more money.

It's possibly a wash. The UTAD is now saving over a million/year on the head coach's salary, but if there are around 5,000 fewer (paying) butts in the seats then ticket revenue is down about a million dollars. Pat wouldn't have allowed Hart to cut out the duplication of running two athletic departments, so the effective bottom line on the ladies side has probably improved without Pat. But Pat was giving UT outstanding national exposure which is hard to denominate. Trump's not going to be giving Holly any awards like Obama gave to Pat.

:rock::eek:lol::crazy: We are now in the middle of July and absolutely no information from AD Fulmer on basketball contract extensions of Barnes and Warlick. Has this already been accomplished on Warlick and the whole thing is being kept secret? Warlick supposedly made a statement on June 28 that she expected an announcement in 2-weeks. If the Lady Vols are ever to return to the "Glory Days" of Pat Summit, it will take a new coach...Warlick has proved she ain't got it!!!! Hire Kara Lawson and lets get it done now.

I would like to have Cara Lawson too, but it is not going to happen. She is making a ton of money as it is and don't have to worry if she will get fired or deal with the head aches of managing young girls.

Just curious as to what makes Kara your number one choice? I know she played for Pat, played in the WNBA, and is in broadcasting, but she has never been a head coach, never been an assistant coach, and has never recruited.

She seems to be extremely knowledgeable about the game and does an excellent job in broadcasting men's and women's games, but I am not sure that would guarantee success in coaching. I would prefer the Lady Vols hire a proven coach and, if Kara is in the future plans, hire her as an assistant first to gather some experience.

Yes, I realize our current coach was an assistant first and that didn't guarantee success either.

Most assistants that are any good get hired as an head coach long before Holly did. I take that as no one wanted Holly as head coach. That should have told the AD right there not to hire Holly.

They'll likely hire a younger coach with potential. Like the hires of Summitt, Mears, Devoe, Buzz, KO, Cuonzo, and even Bruce and Wade.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:To start winning basketball games and conference championships and back in the final 4 nationally...we have become a total embarrassment to the program that Pat Summit built and the "laughing stock of the SEC". Attendance keeps going down and if it keeps up, the Lady Vols will not be producing a profit anymore when Summit used to produce nearly $2 million per year that helps supports other non-profit sports.

Dude relax, my post was sarcastic. I said Holly was teaching the girls to make sandwiches to prepare them for the real world... idk how much more clear I could have made it other than blue font, which I’m not fond of.

VN Store

Back