Little Elm, Texas
Class of 2020
6'5 Combo Guard

National Ranking:
Rivals: 4th
247Sports Composite: 4th
ESPN: 3rd

Reactions: 2 people
He ain’t goin nowhere if they change the one and done rule by the time he’s eligible 🤷🏾*♂️

Why was this thread even started?

(Answers to questions like the one you asked aren't nearly as taxing of a critical thinking process as it would be to figure out why you chose that ridiculous username, but I'll spoon feed you. Once.)

To give you a foretaste of the kinds of threads that you'll see a couple of years from now here if progress keeps trending in the right direction.

You know, elite prospects at relevant positions of need for the class period. That kind of thing.

It's simple. I like what I see of the kid and wanted to start a discussion about him.

He seems well rounded with ability at both the 1 and 2 and obviously has offers from top schools.

With guards graduating before '20 it's natural to look at prospects in that class.

Is the profound confusion because Duke offered last year and they're too "blueblood" for competition?

Tennessee had a breakout season and are even predicted Top 3 by some analysts for next season.

A couple of years like that and it's a dream school for whoever.

Does the '19 cruit feel recruited over if a '20 is even discussed because I don't really see the disconnect to the point of questioning a thread and memes like I'm typing in Mandarin or something. :)

Too likely a one and done?

Not enough of a Tennessee connection with the prospect?

That could be changed. He lives in Texas and Coach Barnes used to coach there. :)

We only discussing kids already offered here?

I'm not much on the meme conversations, but whatever's clever. When in Rome and such so threw in a couple of smiley emoticons for you.

Reactions: 1 person
OP the thread was confusing because typically a player thread is started when a recruit gets a Tennessee offer, and sometimes not even then, lots of times only if the interest appears mutual. If we started 150+ threads for all the recruits that are ranked it would become both confusing and clustered. I don’t think anyone has an issue that you wanted to discuss a recruit you liked, it was just confusing because as mentioned above typically player threads get started when an offer is made, so that’s why people asked that. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to discuss players, in fact there’s actually a recruiting discussion thread on this page where many posters have done just that...just trying to explain why the confusion.

Last edited:
You ain't from around here, are ya, boy?

It's not about me, but I"ll answer your question.

You don't call One Vol Nation
"boy" any more than you call your profile-stated location of Lexington, KY "here."

The posts from which you leaped to your inference about my origin were each made for their intended purpose and each accomplished it (even if only in spirit and vision presently) without any need to appear so to the casual observer.

My lineage here predates the university and the state itself. If you seek the earliest prehistory origin, you may read the book of Habakkuk chapter 3 verse 3 for more location-specific details. Unlike other nations which tell their own creation narratives to explain their origin, you'll find I relayed the creator's own narrative to you, a wheel within a wheel, if you will.

Back to the topic at hand after answering your question.

Although guards Bone, Bowden, and Turner will be seniors 2019-2020, It doesn't look like Tennessee and R.J. Hampton (2020 guard) are a fit for a myriad of reasons.

That's the topic. However, since Coach Barnes is recruiting other highly rated guards who have shown interest in playing for Tennessee, for now it's best to discuss those with Tennessee offers already in this forum (not this thread) because of the mutually expressed interest. That makes sense as BleedingTNOrange already said.

What didn't make sense to some was the purpose of this thread, though it probably will to a few in a couple of years if viewed as a model. Granted, the (aforementioned) specific player will likely be at another school and the threads may be for players at other positions, but even if only as a small seed in the form of a vague recollection of a "weird" thread from a couple of years ago (at that time), it's possible that the Vols roster will be deep with commitments from elite recruits one class after the other at every position rated as highly as R.J. Hampton was way back in July 2018. The only difference then is that the thread will be one of many about yet another elite recruit with an offer from Tennessee who commits along with several others that class (just as elite) who do the same.

:lolabove:

^ From that perspective you say I under stood your joke. (That's true, I did get it. It's just you'll never convince me that your mouth must stay ajar for folks on Rocky Top to get their corn.)

Do you still wear tee shirts under a blazer?

Do you still beat your mistress?

Last edited:
:lolabove:

^ From that perspective you say I under stood your joke. (That's true, I did get it. It's just you'll never convince me that your mouth must stay ajar for folks on Rocky Top to get their corn.)

Do you still wear tee shirts under a blazer?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back