Mixtape Monday: Jordan Bowden

I'm more interested in what he is doing to improve on the court than a mixtape video. He has been effective about 40% of the season in his first two years. His performance has sunk right as conference play started. Even his FT shooting dips close to 70% and gets suspect.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm more interested in what he is doing to improve on the court than a mixtape video. He has been effective about 40% of the season in his first two years. His performance has sunk right as conference play started. Even his FT shooting dips close to 70% and gets suspect.

True, but.....

Inb4 - people still don't understand Jordan's role on the team

Bowden was lights out shooting at the beginning of the year and then he hit a sophomore slump. He mainly just needs to gain more confidence. Kind of reminds me of Hubbs early on in a way.

Bowden was lights out shooting at the beginning of the year and then he hit a sophomore slump. He mainly just needs to gain more confidence. Kind of reminds me of Hubbs early on in a way.

The Hubbs comparison is not a bad one. In fact, if Hubbs had come in ranked similarly to Bowden, his career would likely be more favorably remembered by fans who assumed he'd be the next Allan Houston because of his erroneous 5* ranking.

The Hubbs comparison is not a bad one. In fact, if Hubbs had come in ranked similarly to Bowden, his career would likely be more favorably remembered by fans who assumed he'd be the next Allan Houston because of his erroneous 5* ranking.

Would’ve also help if Hubbs wasn’t playing on the block in high school.

It took him a couple of years after he got here just to get adjusted to playing on the perimeter. Imo

Agreed that what he needs is more confidence. He is a quiet type of player and could use a little more swagger.

Bowden is the perfect 3 and D kind of player. He has to be consistent on that 3 part. He shot over 50% from 3 for half the year, and then nothing as SEC play wore on. He reminds me of Iman Shumpert of the Cavs, now of the Kings. If he consistently knocks down the 3, he can be an NBA player, as he has the size and athleticism to play at the next level.

looks to me like he will play more of the 2. Really not much of a difference on O than the 3 spot, but he will almost have to guard the other teams shooting guard. Turner will have to play at least half the game at the point.

Well that’s not encouraging. Hubbs was the most disappointing 5 Star to ever play at UT.

looks to me like he will play more of the 2. Really not much of a difference on O than the 3 spot, but he will almost have to guard the other teams shooting guard. Turner will have to play at least half the game at the point.
I would expect Bone to move into the 25-30 minute range as a junior.

VN Store

Back