Admiral makes NBA prospects list...

Hope he balls out this year with his eye on solidifying top 30 status! Would love to have a special season.

If he plays like he did the second half of this past season for the entire year he will jump up the board real quick.

Reactions: 2 people
That's great for The Admiral. He showed a lot of improvement last season and had a tremendous impact to the season. I'm looking forward to seeing him play many more games for UT and then hopefully in the NBA.

Reactions: 1 person
I saw that issue of SI and didn't even comment on it because it seemed like a given. I was actually almost surprised he wasn't drafted but he's on the radar now so it was a good move that means even if they weren't paying attention just yet before, they are now. He's such a baller. He really got comfortable and came into his own last season.

I have a hunch he's put his mind to setting a goal for this next season and I believe he'll work hard and attain it. Period.

It's a beautiful thing to witness and respect. A living legend of a Coach giving his all and absolute beasts of men as players responding to the call of excellence where they meet on that path. I'm glad I've been blessed to be around to see it. It affirms all that is good and that I've known to be true about the value of continuing to work hard and the rewards that are there for the taking on the other end of that equation. I think the bible with Galatians 6:9 says it best.
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

I emphasized the if and the shall this morning because "if" speaks of the condition that must be met until the payoff promised by the "shall" is unlocked. Somebody continues the well doing even when it's tough and they are guaranteed by divine law to be rewarded for it. That simple yet powerful truth is the joy of living as men. You don't have time to get down about anything for too long because there's always more well doing to be done with rewards just out of sight until you reap them in due season. So we're always in seasons of sowing and reaping, reaping rewards as the harvest in proportion to the seeds we planted according to Genesis 8:22. "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Everyone can appreciate celebrating "due" season because that's when the rewards for the hard work is tasted. That's when we were a child who could appreciate eating dessert but wasn't so excited about finishing off those veggies on the plate before we got to taste it. It's a man of maturity and wisdom who determines they'll learn to appreciate the season of sowing just as much as its own reward. Then instead of just a simple return on the previous investment, the rewards to come the following season feel more like a bonus.

Reactions: 1 person
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XsFCXbPCE[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty cool vid.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back