Vols land Drew Pember

Interesting time to take the commitment. They must really like him.

I think Barnes and staff wanted to get him committed now because they think his stock may really take off in coming months. Already the interest and offers have been coming in

Reactions: 2 people
This is great news.........interest in him will continue from other schools, but I believe he is a Volunteer before he touched a basketball.

GBO!!

Reactions: 3 people
Not super impressed BUT Barnes knows how to find diamonds in the rough and is great at coaching them up

Reactions: 2 people
Interesting time to take the commitment. They must really like him.

He’s likely to reclass and go 2020 or walk-on his freshman year and redshirt. Could be a spring signee depending on other deprtautes but I would be surprised if he were to sign this fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This guy seems to have everything you want in a modern forward except size.They will get him a year to develop his strength.Get him to 225 or 230 and IMO you have a really great player!

I read somewhere,here in VN, a scout or a recruiting guy, called him soft and Pember disappeared at some recent Tourney. But, like some have said, Barnes seems to know what he is doing. Won't lie, tho, disappointed.

Would like to see him reclassify to 2020 and grow into his frame a bit more. If he has the rim protecting ability previously mentioned in this thread to go along with the ability to stretch the floor this will likely end up being a very nice pickup

Reactions: 1 person
It'll be nice to have a big that can be a trail on the fast break and spot up for the 3. We haven't had that consistently since Chism, iirc (and no...i'm not saying this guy is comparable to Chism).

VN Store

Back