Drew Pember-Knoxville Bearden

Intriguing guy who is kinda a project type. Very good chance he reclassifies from the 2019 class to the 2020 class. Has some good upside, though. Would likely redshirt here/take a developmental year regardless of what class he's in. But could be a very solid role player by the time he's a redshirt sophomore.

Reactions: 1 person
His old man Poppa Drew was a legend on the Ktown blacktops in the day- rangy, accurate, with a wicked first step.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This is one of the reasons that I miss the RTL. A handful of local high school kids used to get some minutes.

I might have to catch some Bearden basketball this year.

This is one of the reasons that I miss the RTL. A handful of local high school kids used to get some minutes.

I might have to catch some Bearden basketball this year.
Eh, the NCAA stopped allowing high school kids to play in the RTL anyway.

I know its a highlight video but I was impressed with his shot and agility for somebody his size. Good ball handling. Obviously needs to get a lot stronger but looks like some real potential to me. Hope we see him wearing orange

Take a prep year to go 2020, possibly still even take a redshirt year if needed...you’d have a heckuva player who has developed physically and will give his all for Tennessee for 4 years.

I'd take him, as well as the PG on Bearden's team Ques Glover. Both play on BMaze's team and have potential to be really good, IMO. That being said, will probably come down to whether they want to be small fish in the big pond, or be the big fish somewhere else.

I'd take him, as well as the PG on Bearden's team Ques Glover. Both play on BMaze's team and have potential to be really good, IMO. That being said, will probably come down to whether they want to be small fish in the big pond, or be the big fish somewhere else.

I’ve wondered about Glover, nice looking player but given where we stand with other guards it’s hard to imagine Tennessee using a scholarship on him for 2019 class.

I’ve wondered about Glover, nice looking player but given where we stand with other guards it’s hard to imagine Tennessee using a scholarship on him for 2019 class.

Good point. I'm guessing he's probably a bit small by some standards, but kid's a baller. He was one of the few on Bearden's team that somewhat held his own against Penny's Memphis East team.

Good point. I'm guessing he's probably a bit small by some standards, but kid's a baller. He was one of the few on Bearden's team that somewhat held his own against Penny's Memphis East team.

He and Pember played very well in that game

East TN guys usually go under-recruited. He might take a similar route to Jordan Bowden, who killed it at Central High in Knoxville and then took an extra year to play at a prep school to increase his stock value as a recruit. Will be interesting to see what happens.

We need to get the instate guys if possible.

east tn guys usually go under-recruited. He might take a similar route to jordan bowden, who killed it at central high in knoxville and then took an extra year to play at a prep school to increase his stock value as a recruit. Will be interesting to see what happens.

We need to get the instate guys if possible.
Bowden was a Carter Hornet.

That’s not why he went to prep.

The ideal scenario would be for him to reclassify to 2020 and sign with UT in that class. But you run the risk of him also blowing up during that extra year and having to fight off all the high majors. He's made a pretty sizeable jump in the C/O 2019 rankings on 247. I believe he is just outside their Top 150 now. Very intriguing prospect for sure with a very high ceiling.

Didn’t have the grades?

Grades were great. Test score got flagged. Pretty sure he took an ACT prep course and knocked it out of the park and it got him flagged.

Turned out to be a huge blessing.

Edit: Also I remember Southern Miss recruiting him that spring and I remember Tyndall had guys coming to watch him too but they were out of schollies IIRC.

Last edited:
Grades were great. Test score got flagged. Pretty sure he took an ACT prep course and knocked it out of the park and it got him flagged.

Turned out to be a huge blessing.

Edit: Also I remember Southern Miss recruiting him that spring and I remember Tyndall had guys coming to watch him too but they were out of schollies IIRC.

So why did he go to prep? Sounds as if he could have easily still been cleared by NCAA and gone D1?

So why did he go to prep? Sounds as if he could have easily still been cleared by NCAA and gone D1?

I mean that I can't say. I don't know his reasoning. I was just saying that he wanted to go D1 out of HS from what I recall. Still wasn't cleared at the end of school in May as far as I know so prep made sense.

So the prep route got him more exposure for sure but if his score hadn't been flagged I don't think he would have went to 22 foot.

I mean that I can't say. I don't know his reasoning. I was just saying that he wanted to go D1 out of HS from what I recall. Still wasn't cleared at the end of school in May as far as I know so prep made sense.

So the prep route got him more exposure for sure but if his score hadn't been flagged I don't think he would have went to 22 foot.

Gotcha.

There was another kid that went to Carter with Bowden that was really good too. Kelvin Jackson. Went to Walters for a year and then to a Mississippi JUCO. Not sure he went anywhere after. Kid could ball.

There was another kid that went to Carter with Bowden that was really good too. Kelvin Jackson. Went to Walters for a year and then to a Mississippi JUCO. Not sure he went anywhere after. Kid could ball.

He committed to Robert Morris about a week ago .

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back