Vols a 1 Seed - Bracketology

I am more apt to believe the ESPN (everybody knows they don't like us anyway) before I believe CBS. Fun to read though. :)

I hope we aren't setting ourselves up for disappointment when we end up in the 4-5 seed range.

We have an extremely rough schedule without some of the favorable tailwinds we had last year (we played the bottom 4 SEC teams twice). A lot of difference in being the hunter instead of the hunted (Loyola game).

I am very cautious about the top 5 stuff! I was very proud of this team going from being picked 13th of 14 SEC teams,but they did overachieve by sharing the SEC crown.I will watch every game and pull hard for wins,but no wins will come easy IMO. We could end up anywhere on number of wins,it's tough in this league. Just want you guys not to build up expectations so high it will be impossible to meet!!!

I hope we aren't setting ourselves up for disappointment when we end up in the 4-5 seed range.

We have an extremely rough schedule without some of the favorable tailwinds we had last year (we played the bottom 4 SEC teams twice). A lot of difference in being the hunter instead of the hunted (Loyola game).

Not worried about “being the hunted” We were a ranked team for pretty much all of SEC play and were a big game in every gym we walked into. I think they’re prepared

These writers have to produce something for their respective outlets. These articles are nothing but fillers.

Good lord. Maybe we can play a few games first and see how good we might be?

This is useless. But I know it’s fun to speculate.

It's also very unpredictable for those publishing these way too early lists to how much every player on every roster will improve over 6 months. TN's players might already be as good as they are going to get. Some 20/21 year olds are far more mature than they were at 18/19 while others are the same. That's why coaches like to get a look at the biological parents. If Mom and Dad are tiny or average sized people than there might be little room for Junior to grow.

yep, and I'm a "much too early" candidate to win the Super Lotto...:)

PS. still, I do like that we're getting some good raves for a change...:rock::rock:

GO VOLS!

All this depends on the development of last years backups. We know the front line is good, but can we count on the second in line. Kyle was hurt and therefore we struggled to defend the paint in the tournament during his absence. If Fulkerson returns to form, and Walker/Burns develop nicely we could reach those heights.

All this depends on the development of last years backups. We know the front line is good, but can we count on the second in line. Kyle was hurt and therefore we struggled to defend the paint in the tournament during his absence. If Fulkerson returns to form, and Walker/Burns develop nicely we could reach those heights.

Kent would be an ideal candidate to step in as a rim protector if Alexander was again forced to miss playing time. I don't know if he has the dog in him to mix it up in the paint though.

Kent would be an ideal candidate to step in as a rim protector if Alexander was again forced to miss playing time. I don't know if he has the dog in him to mix it up in the paint though.

Those are my concerns as well with Kent, that why I didn't include him, but maybe he shows out this year. He can shoot the ball, but looks soft on D.

Those are my concerns as well with Kent, that why I didn't include him, but maybe he shows out this year. He can shoot the ball, but looks soft on D.

He might be soft on offense as well. I can't see him fighting for position on the blocks right now. Maybe this staff can toughen him up and get that out of him. His length gives him an advantage over Walker, Williams, and maybe even Burns. If the only thing that he can contribute is the ability to hit from the perimeter and draw big defenders away from the basket than he may not have the skill set to ever see meaningful minutes.

VN Store

Back