Highest ranked preseason team in Tennessee history?

bleedingTNorange

In my quick search the previous high that I can find is #7 preseason in the AP Poll, almost every poll I have seen has us Top 5, so unless something unexpected happens it sounds like this could be a historical ranking for the Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
Too low IMO. Geddin' ready ta open up a ...
cream_of_whoopass_by_jetsterdajet.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee started top five during Chris Lofton's senior year, then got spanked by Texas early in the season.

Nope, Vols never started top 5 during Lofton's career or at any point in program history. Highest they've started was No. 7 prior to the 2007-08 season in which they would win 31 games and be ranked No. 1 for a week.

If we add burns and Fore we will definitely be in the conversation of top 3. That's how I feel about things anyway

Baring injury Tennessee will win the SEC next year. When was the last time Tennessee won two conference championships in a row.

I'm not going to get too crazy with my predictions, but I do believe we'll be whooping some asses and taking some names next year, and hanging a banner that doesn't have the "Lady" Vols name in it :).

I'm not going to get too crazy with my predictions, but I do believe we'll be whooping some asses and taking some names next year, and hanging a banner that doesn't have the "Lady" Vols name in it :).

you sure about that ? :)

VN Store

Back