Tennessee is No. 5 in ESPN's post NBA deadline top 25

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
5. Tennessee

Previous rank: No. 6

Kudos to Admiral Schofield for exploring his pro prospects by entering the draft before making the right decision to return to Knoxville to chase a first Final Four appearance in school history. The Vols are stacked and ready to defend the SEC title they shared with Auburn in 2017-18.

Schofield will pair with SEC Player of the Year Grant Williams (15.2 PPG) to form one of the nation's top duos.

We know the Vols will defend well -- they ranked in the top 10 in adjusted defensive efficiency last year -- and Rick Barnes reminded doubters he's still one of the game's elite coaches with his effort last year. Things are trending up for Tennessee.

Kansas Jayhawks stay at No. 1 Villanova Wildcats tumble in post NBA draft deadline top 25

Reactions: 2 people
getting 4 or 5 stars doesn't they will translate that to the college level, Barnes has clearly proven that he can develop 2/3 star players into some of the best players in college basketball, recruiting imo is not an issue

I'm not sure what u are trying to post here. Is it, "we should NOT be ranked below KY, that's my only complaint"?

Lol, post like that are why you should not post while walking. My only complaint would be that we are ranked above Kentucky. The spots should be switched, imo.

Reactions: 1 person
In that article Ky is ranked 3 and Tn 5th , not for sure what your trying to say there lol

Knowing Dallas, he lect out the word "not" after "should".

I disagree with him. UK will be good next year, and possibly the favorite, not only for the SEC, but NCAA title.

Guys - I'm sorry but there's no way we are a top 5 team. That doesn't mean we can't have a GREAT season. Although we return almost the whole roster we are going to add no one as of right now and the only likely addition is going to be a high school junior.

I kinda wish they had disrespected us and left us around 15th. Top 5 is a stretch in my opinion.

Guys - I'm sorry but there's no way we are a top 5 team. That doesn't mean we can't have a GREAT season. Although we return almost the whole roster we are going to add no one as of right now and the only likely addition is going to be a high school junior.

I kinda wish they had disrespected us and left us around 15th. Top 5 is a stretch in my opinion.

?

Who did Virginia and Purdue add to their teams last year that were key contributors to their seasons?

Using ourselves even as an example, what freshman did Tennessee add last year that was a major reason for our successful season?

We may not ultimately be a Top 5 team, just like many didn’t think we actually were the best team in the country when we were briefly ranked #1, but the ranking is still nice...I would expect Tennessee to hover in the 8-15 range most of the season.

?

Who did Virginia and Purdue add to their teams last year that were key contributors to their seasons?

Using ourselves even as an example, what freshman did Tennessee add last year that was a major reason for our successful season?

Fair points. I just don't see top 5 talent. That's a tall task. I would love to see us have that type of year. I just don't see that being realistic. I think we are overrated at 5. Somewhere around 10-12 is probably more realistic in my opinion.

We may not ultimately be a Top 5 team, just like many didn’t think we actually were the best team in the country when we were briefly ranked #1, but the ranking is still nice...I would expect Tennessee to hover in the 8-15 range most of the season.

Agree.

Fair points. I just don't see top 5 talent. That's a tall task. I would love to see us have that type of year. I just don't see that being realistic. I think we are overrated at 5. Somewhere around 10-12 is probably more realistic in my opinion.

So we have Top 10-12 talent? Assuming you are using the same measuring tool to say we don’t have Top 5 talent I’m not sure how you could say we have Top 10-12 talent.

So we have Top 10-12 talent? Assuming you are using the same measuring tool to say we don’t have Top 5 talent I’m not sure how you could say we have Top 10-12 talent.

I think our development has been great and our team is well coached. We perform greater than the sum of our parts. I just think to be top 5 we are gonna need some more magic or an upgrade in talent.

I think our development has been great and our team is well coached. We perform greater than the sum of our parts. I just think to be top 5 we are gonna need some more magic or an upgrade in talent.

That’s very possible, the difference between 5 & 8 isn’t much, maybe 1 game going the opposite way, not like we are talking about 5 game difference.

VN Store

Back