Turner invited to AIA

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Upcoming AIA Trip to Add to Turner’s International Experience - University of Tennessee Athletics

I'm excited to go on this tour to the Czech Republic and Spain with AIA to grow in my faith, to learn and to meet new people," Turner said. "I get the opportunity to play basketball and travel the world. It should be fun."

Turner, the 2018 SEC Co-Sixth Man of the Year, joins a group of eight other Division I players and one Division II standout from schools across the country. Baylor assistant coach Bill Peterson, who spent seven seasons as a coach with the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks and Dallas Mavericks, will serve as the head coach of the AIA team during the 14-day tour.

The team will conduct a three-day training camp at Baylor before traveling to Prague, Czech Republic, to play a pair of games vs. the U20 Czech National Team on May 27-28. Turner and his AIA teammates will then head to Madrid, Spain, for three games against pro teams May 30-June 2 before retuning home. The goals of this trip are to provide a rich cross-cultural experience for each team member, an opportunity to compete internationally and for team members to grow in their personal faith.

Reactions: 5 people
I have been to several AIA events over the years as I’m sure some of y’all have and have known people who’ve played on the team as well. Great program and phenomenal opportunity for these young men to grow and mature. Also really polishes their public speaking abilities as well by sharing their faith testimony before large groups of people. Proud of Turner for sure.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
So, I’m guessing players can go cross seas back to back years, as long as it’s not the teams?

VN Store

Back