2103 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Kyky Tandy wants UK offer. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-30-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
tmack50

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Kyky Tandy wants UK offer

Kentucky basketball: In-state star KyKy Tandy still hoping for offer from John Calipari's Cats

Question for the VN recruiting gurus:

Do you think that we should keep recruiting Tandy even though he is putting out feelers for a KY offer? I don't like to think we are anyone's second option but if he turns out to be the next Chris Lofton and plays with a chip on his shoulder, then I say go for it!

Last edited by tmack50; 04-30-2018 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
BruinVol

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
We wouldn't be able to recruit hardly anyone if we stopped recruiting guys that wanted a cat offer
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
tmack50

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
We wouldn't be able to recruit hardly anyone if we stopped recruiting guys that wanted a cat offer
Good point. I also think some of these players want the big school offers for bragging rights or just to elevate their profile. We have a better opportunity for them to play right away and learn how to play defense.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
bleedingTNorange

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Absolutely you keep recruiting him, the kid isnít a dummy, heís also cousin to Scotty Hopson and has a relationship with Lofton. I donít say that to say heís a Vol lock by any means, as a matter of fact I think heís unlikely to end up here, but I say that because those are guys who will make him aware of what he would be walking into at UK. You look at all of the guys Calipari has recruited over and if you arenít a guaranteed one and done type talent I would have serious reservations about going there.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
cncchris33

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Wanting a UK offer and accepting a UK offer are two different things.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
bleedingTNorange

Woooooo Boy...

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

ďIf they come with the offer, they come with the offer,Ē Torian told SEC Country on Saturday after his sonís game on the Under Armour AAU circuit. ďIf he does get an offer, heís not going to Kentucky with three or four point guards there. Heís not no bench player. And thatís what they think he is: Heíll just come in and play four years. No, no.Ē
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #7
dyllisvol42

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
I want a Kentucky offer, go ahead and throw a Kansas and North Carolina one too. Doesnít mean I would go there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #8
livefaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
Woooooo Boy...

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

ďIf they come with the offer, they come with the offer,Ē Torian told SEC Country on Saturday after his sonís game on the Under Armour AAU circuit. ďIf he does get an offer, heís not going to Kentucky with three or four point guards there. Heís not no bench player. And thatís what they think he is: Heíll just come in and play four years. No, no.Ē
Oh boy. Dad's getting verbal. I'm sure he was asked first. But, when I see the backyard agents involved, that's when I get nervous.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #9
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post
Oh boy. Dad's getting verbal. I'm sure he was asked first. But, when I see the backyard agents involved, that's when I get nervous.
The Kentucky guy asked him and did the interview, I've got no issue with it, itís 100% true. UK has probably 20 offers out to 2019 kids, but Tandy doesnít have one, they keep saying they are interested and gonna watch him but they keep delaying...his dad isnít a dummy, he sees the writing on the wall. If Tandy goes there heís gonna be in a backcourt with 5-6 other guys all more highly ranked that Cal is gonna have assured of PT, and it will be the same story every year heís there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
LittleCat
SeŮor Gato

This isn't a jab at Tandy, but if he doesn't want to come in and compete, then I'm fine with him not being here. We'll get some highly rated guards with or without him. I'd love to see him be a Dominique Hawkins type of guy, who knows his role and is fine with waiting a couple years. But if he wants guaranteed playing time then it's smart to go elsewhere, and I wish him luck.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
This isn't a jab at Tandy, but if he doesn't want to come in and compete, then I'm fine with him not being here. We'll get some highly rated guards with or without him. I'd love to see him be a Dominique Hawkins type of guy, who knows his role and is fine with waiting a couple years. But if he wants guaranteed playing time then it's smart to go elsewhere, and I wish him luck.
I donít think it has to do with not competing, itís simple math...you and I both know if Maxey and Hagans reclassify and are at UK that 1-2 guards at least arenít playing and are going to be upset.

Dominique Hawkins averaged 8mpg his first 3 seasons, there probably isnít a player in America that would sign up for that. It doesnít mean they donít want to compete or want guaranteed minutes, but Cal routinely over recruits kids regardless of where theyíre from.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #12
LittleCat
SeŮor Gato

Quote:
I donít think it has to do with not competing, itís simple math...you and I both know if Maxey and Hagans reclassify and are at UK that 1-2 guards at least arenít playing and are going to be upset.

Dominique Hawkins averaged 8mpg his first 3 seasons, there probably isnít a player in America that would sign up for that. It doesnít mean they donít want to compete or want guaranteed minutes, but Cal routinely over recruits kids regardless of where theyíre from.
This sounds snobby, but it takes a certain kind of player to come to Kentucky. You know there will be a lot of 5* players already there, and even more coming the next year. I can't blame someone for going where they are guaranteed a chance to start. Tandy seems like he believes he is a day one starter, which makes me think he won't end up here.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #13
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
This sounds snobby, but it takes a certain kind of player to come to Kentucky. You know there will be a lot of 5* players already there, and even more coming the next year. I can't blame someone for going where they are guaranteed a chance to start. Tandy seems like he believes he is a day one starter, which makes me think he won't end up here.
I donít necessarily take it as he wants a day 1 starter promise, I just think heís probably got some common sense and wants more than 8mpg his first 3 seasons...hard to blame him for that mindset.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-30-2018, 06:53 PM   #14
LittleCat
SeŮor Gato

Quote:
I donít necessarily take it as he wants a day 1 starter promise, I just think heís probably got some common sense and wants more than 8mpg his first 3 seasons...hard to blame him for that mindset.
I think he'd definitely play more than Hawkins. But I can't blame him for wanting to get guaranteed PT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #15
VolBraniac
Big Member

Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer Kyky Tandy wants UK offer
Quote:
This sounds snobby, but it takes a certain kind of player to come to Kentucky.
The kid's name is KentuckyKentucky Tandy. How much more certain do you need to be?
Reply With Quote TOP