Kyky Tandy wants UK offer

tmack50

Keep up the good fight
Last edited:
We wouldn't be able to recruit hardly anyone if we stopped recruiting guys that wanted a cat offer

Good point. I also think some of these players want the big school offers for bragging rights or just to elevate their profile. We have a better opportunity for them to play right away and learn how to play defense.

Absolutely you keep recruiting him, the kid isn’t a dummy, he’s also cousin to Scotty Hopson and has a relationship with Lofton. I don’t say that to say he’s a Vol lock by any means, as a matter of fact I think he’s unlikely to end up here, but I say that because those are guys who will make him aware of what he would be walking into at UK. You look at all of the guys Calipari has recruited over and if you aren’t a guaranteed one and done type talent I would have serious reservations about going there.

Reactions: 1 person
Woooooo Boy...

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

“If they come with the offer, they come with the offer,” Torian told SEC Country on Saturday after his son’s game on the Under Armour AAU circuit. “If he does get an offer, he’s not going to Kentucky with three or four point guards there. He’s not no bench player. And that’s what they think he is: He’ll just come in and play four years. No, no.”

I want a Kentucky offer, go ahead and throw a Kansas and North Carolina one too. Doesn’t mean I would go there.

Woooooo Boy...

Kentucky recruiting: Father of in-state star KyKy Tandy not holding breath for Wildcats offer

“If they come with the offer, they come with the offer,” Torian told SEC Country on Saturday after his son’s game on the Under Armour AAU circuit. “If he does get an offer, he’s not going to Kentucky with three or four point guards there. He’s not no bench player. And that’s what they think he is: He’ll just come in and play four years. No, no.”

Oh boy. Dad's getting verbal. I'm sure he was asked first. But, when I see the backyard agents involved, that's when I get nervous.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh boy. Dad's getting verbal. I'm sure he was asked first. But, when I see the backyard agents involved, that's when I get nervous.

The Kentucky guy asked him and did the interview, I've got no issue with it, it’s 100% true. UK has probably 20 offers out to 2019 kids, but Tandy doesn’t have one, they keep saying they are interested and gonna watch him but they keep delaying...his dad isn’t a dummy, he sees the writing on the wall. If Tandy goes there he’s gonna be in a backcourt with 5-6 other guys all more highly ranked that Cal is gonna have assured of PT, and it will be the same story every year he’s there.

This isn't a jab at Tandy, but if he doesn't want to come in and compete, then I'm fine with him not being here. We'll get some highly rated guards with or without him. I'd love to see him be a Dominique Hawkins type of guy, who knows his role and is fine with waiting a couple years. But if he wants guaranteed playing time then it's smart to go elsewhere, and I wish him luck.

This isn't a jab at Tandy, but if he doesn't want to come in and compete, then I'm fine with him not being here. We'll get some highly rated guards with or without him. I'd love to see him be a Dominique Hawkins type of guy, who knows his role and is fine with waiting a couple years. But if he wants guaranteed playing time then it's smart to go elsewhere, and I wish him luck.

I don’t think it has to do with not competing, it’s simple math...you and I both know if Maxey and Hagans reclassify and are at UK that 1-2 guards at least aren’t playing and are going to be upset.

Dominique Hawkins averaged 8mpg his first 3 seasons, there probably isn’t a player in America that would sign up for that. It doesn’t mean they don’t want to compete or want guaranteed minutes, but Cal routinely over recruits kids regardless of where they’re from.

I don’t think it has to do with not competing, it’s simple math...you and I both know if Maxey and Hagans reclassify and are at UK that 1-2 guards at least aren’t playing and are going to be upset.

Dominique Hawkins averaged 8mpg his first 3 seasons, there probably isn’t a player in America that would sign up for that. It doesn’t mean they don’t want to compete or want guaranteed minutes, but Cal routinely over recruits kids regardless of where they’re from.

This sounds snobby, but it takes a certain kind of player to come to Kentucky. You know there will be a lot of 5* players already there, and even more coming the next year. I can't blame someone for going where they are guaranteed a chance to start. Tandy seems like he believes he is a day one starter, which makes me think he won't end up here.

This sounds snobby, but it takes a certain kind of player to come to Kentucky. You know there will be a lot of 5* players already there, and even more coming the next year. I can't blame someone for going where they are guaranteed a chance to start. Tandy seems like he believes he is a day one starter, which makes me think he won't end up here.

I don’t necessarily take it as he wants a day 1 starter promise, I just think he’s probably got some common sense and wants more than 8mpg his first 3 seasons...hard to blame him for that mindset.

I don’t necessarily take it as he wants a day 1 starter promise, I just think he’s probably got some common sense and wants more than 8mpg his first 3 seasons...hard to blame him for that mindset.

I think he'd definitely play more than Hawkins. But I can't blame him for wanting to get guaranteed PT.

It's not always a "doesn't want to compete" situation. It's understanding that if Cal signs a couple 5-star elite expected 1-n-done players at your position you know they are getting the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to play up to their standards but you have to out play them pretty significantly in order to move above them on the depth chart. Cal entire system and reputation hinges on if you are an elite 5-star then come to UK and play early and then leave and get paid. It's not come to UK and sit behind a lower ranked player.

VN Store

Back