Who has the best offseason? (Discussion)

iKrager

The players from who improved the MOST from last offseason to this past season were easily Admiral Schofield (who infamously took 1,000 shots a day) and Kyle Alexander. I don’t think anyone can argue with that statement, and it’s even safe to say our entire team improved overall.

That being said, do you think our expectations are too high for the next season (are we ready to take the next “step” that dominant teams take)? And who will improve the most over the offseason?

Being Admiral’s and Kyle’s last year, we hope to see them continue the up trend. Outside of them, I could argue that every player can improve, and while I agree with that statement - we need one player to become a more dominant player. Is it Turner? Is it Bowden? Or maybe Bone or Williams?

Who do YOU think will improve the most this offseason?

Bowden needs to learn how to be more aggressive on offense and Fulkerson needs to hit the weights. If the team can improve this offseason as much as they did the last, then watch out.

Pons and Walker are my picks.

I'll be happy with minor improvement overall, with Pons, Walker, Fulkerson, Johnson and Kent needing to take the biggest steps. If at least 3 out of 5 make big jumps, we will be in fine shape.

Bone showed many flashes, hopes he turns it into consistency.

Walker is a sleeping giant. Hope he wakes up! Has potential for All-SEC, many good moves and a nice short jumper.

Kind of a dark horse but I’m hoping Jalen Johnson shows improvement. I know he’s had injuries but if he can find a way to be healthy all offseason I think he could be an X factor and space the floor on offense.

Kind of a dark horse but I’m hoping Jalen Johnson shows improvement. I know he’s had injuries but if he can find a way to be healthy all offseason I think he could be an X factor and space the floor on offense.

I'm with you, pack. Agree on all points.

Also hoping to see some strides with Walker and Pons.

Very interested to see Kent in action. Really want to see what he does with his height and frame. He's a question mark as of now.

Pons and Walker are my picks.

Yeah this is my pick as well. Both could become exceptional players (in two totally different ways of course) and a strong off season could give them the confidence they need. Don’t count out Johnson either....

Don't know who will, but it needs to be Bowden if he's going to continue getting so many minutes.

It needs to be Pons, Bone and Bowden IMO.

Pons has the ability but needed to gain some experience which he did.

Bone has a ton of upside. He just needs to put it all together.

Bowden plays the way Barnes wants all his guys to play. But he slumps and sometimes isn’t a factor on offense. He’s gonna get minutes because of his defense but he needs a midrange game in my opinion.

Barnes mentioned post-tourny that our conditioning was a factor and that he would like us to be even more conditioned. I think Bowden gets tired from being the lock down defender we need, and doesn’t have the extra juice to be a sharp shooter. Jmo.

I want to see Bowden shoot the ball like he did the first part of the year, and I want to see Bone play like he did against Arkansas.

VN Store

Back