bleedingTNorange

Tre Mann
Point Guard
64 170lbs
The Villages, Florida

Rivals: #37
247: #34
ESPN: #52

Has a relationship with the staff going back about 10 years, hes originally from Austin, Texas and played AAU ball growing up with Rob Laniers son so the family is very familiar with Barnes and Lanier.

Will officially visit Tennessee starting tomorrow, April 24th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people
Huge for UT. I hope you get him. I want to see the haters talk if Rick can pull a few of these highly rated recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
Huge for UT. I hope you get him. I want to see the haters talk if Rick can pull a few of these highly rated recruits.

Why can’t people be mad that we haven’t pulled someone like this in the Barnes tenure? We might get this guy and people are gonna use this against me, but it does seem like every time we’re “in” on a recruit the non negative crowd takes that as like we already signed the kid. When as of today we still haven’t signed a highly sought after recruit in the Barnes era. You’ll always have idiots, but if you guys really wanna shutdown all criticism the man has to pull guys like this. As of today he hasn’t. Btw I love Barnes more than any other coach that’s ever been at UT in my life time. So I’m definitely not a Barnes hater.

Reactions: 4 people
Why can’t people be mad that we haven’t pulled someone like this in the Barnes tenure? We might get this guy and people are gonna use this against me, but it does seem like every time we’re “in” on a recruit the non negative crowd takes that as like we already signed the kid. When as of today we still haven’t signed a highly sought after recruit in the Barnes era. You’ll always have idiots, but if you guys really wanna shutdown all criticism the man has to pull guys like this. As of today he hasn’t. Btw I love Barnes more than any other coach that’s ever been at UT in my life time. So I’m definitely not a Barnes hater.

There are steps in recruiting. Just getting your name mentioned is good. But getting visits and good vibes like we've been hearing about Burns and Mann? Different level.

It's complicated. Criticism can walk a fine line between justified and irrirational.

There are steps in recruiting. Just getting your name mentioned is good. But getting visits and good vibes like we've been hearing about Burns and Mann? Different level.

It's complicated. Criticism can walk a fine line between justified and irrirational.

My eyes are rolled all the way to the back of my skull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
This is not directed at OrangeAllDay but a lot of the criticism of Barnes recruiting seems to ignore the fact that he has in fact signed some really good players. If you just want to criticize that he has not signed a 5 star guy without giving him credit for finding and developing some really good lower rated guys seems silly. Who cares how highly they are rated out of high school if we have a top 5 team in the country next year. I love see us being in on Mann and Burns and some of these higher rated guys. Recruiting and signing these top 100 guys should keep our program relevant for years to come. But Barnes signing Grant Williams was not all luck. He has found guys that have bought into his system and gotten us back to a level I didn't think I would see after Pearl left.

Reactions: 5 people
definitely seems talented...just wonder how big his ego is...he could be one and done, and...

GO VOLS!

This is not directed at OrangeAllDay but a lot of the criticism of Barnes recruiting seems to ignore the fact that he has in fact signed some really good players. If you just want to criticize that he has not signed a 5 star guy without giving him credit for finding and developing some really good lower rated guys seems silly. Who cares how highly they are rated out of high school if we have a top 5 team in the country next year. I love see us being in on Mann and Burns and some of these higher rated guys. Recruiting and signing these top 100 guys should keep our program relevant for years to come. But Barnes signing Grant Williams was not all luck. He has found guys that have bought into his system and gotten us back to a level I didn't think I would see after Pearl left.

To add to this, Barnes found guys he could coach up/hard and wouldn't fold. I think to an extent, that's what makes his recruiting different, who is willing to except his coaching style, which I like by the way. He makes the players accountable for every play.

Reactions: 1 person
He has similarly athleticism as Lecque

I honestly haven't watched anything on either but on the surface I'd rather have Mann if it was an either/or case. I know it's not cause if we get Lecque it's gonna be in this 2018 class. But give me the top 50 guy who is a potential 3 or 4 year player over the 1 and done.

VN Store

Back