The Story of (Tennessee Commit) Davonte Gaines

I’m a huge fan of his game, go ahead and put me head of the Gaines fan club.

With a nick name like the ticket you gotta deliver. It would be sick if he head butted the stanchion during pre-game warm ups.......

I miss the big ticket

Yeah that kid should’ve just let him dunk. He was outsized by like a foot and didn’t even come close to contesting that dunk lol

Could he be our Durant? Kid best get in the weight room!

Reminds me of McRae and Prince in that I just don’t know how much weight he can add...he’s technically a senior this year and looks that way, he’s gonna go to Hargrave next year for a prep year so how he looks after that is probably gonna be about as good as it gets.

Reminds me of McRae and Prince in that I just don’t know how much weight he can add...he’s technically a senior this year and looks that way, he’s gonna go to Hargrave next year for a prep year so how he looks after that is probably gonna be about as good as it gets.

Yeah, first thing I noticed too. VERY thin frame, and doesn't appear to have room to add a lot of build. He just looks like he's destined to be a thin, wiry athlete. Fortunately, he does appear to have a good midrange and deep shot, he is plenty bouncy, and can finish at the rim. Can he do that at the next level against guys like Schofield and Williams (who easily outweigh him by 50-60 lbs)? That remains to be seen.

BTO or others, any thoughts on why his ranking has fallen so far? Seems like a nice player with lots of upside.

BTO or others, any thoughts on why his ranking has fallen so far? Seems like a nice player with lots of upside.

Nobody has watched him, Andrew Slater of 247 watched 1 game of his in person but that was it...at Hargrave he will get a lot more attention so his ranking should be accurate, what that means I’m nkt sure.

Yeah, first thing I noticed too. VERY thin frame, and doesn't appear to have room to add a lot of build. He just looks like he's destined to be a thin, wiry athlete. Fortunately, he does appear to have a good midrange and deep shot, he is plenty bouncy, and can finish at the rim. Can he do that at the next level against guys like Schofield and Williams (who easily outweigh him by 50-60 lbs)? That remains to be seen.

Hargrave will be a good test, will be a big step up in competition for him.

If he scores in practice on Williams, He will start day 1.

another diamond in the rough
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back