RTL Cancelled

After going and seeing it last year our guys clearly were getting a lot out of it. Doesn't matter to me

:( the only thing that kept me sane in the offseason. Why can’t basketball be played 24/7? Take like a month or two off lol. I understand freshmen and ****, but come on, 9 months is ridiculous. It’s not like the weather has to be factored in lol.

:( the only thing that kept me sane in the offseason. Why can’t basketball be played 24/7? Take like a month or two off lol. I understand freshmen and ****, but come on, 9 months is ridiculous. It’s not like the weather has to be factored in lol.

If it was supposed to be keeping you sane, it failed.

Reactions: 10 people
I’ll miss the offseason conversation that the RTL provides us basketball fans. I’ve always been of the mindset that at the very minimum the league serves as an additional form of summer conditioning.

Is UT just not participating or they shutting the whole thing down? Barnes has nothing to do with it other than allowing the current players to play.

Is UT just not participating or they shutting the whole thing down? Barnes has nothing to do with it other than allowing the current players to play.
Well it’s in collaboration with UT Basketball, so if UT basketball is out, I’d say as a whole it won’t happen.

Well it’s in collaboration with UT Basketball, so if UT basketball is out, I’d say as a whole it won’t happen.

I don't think that UT has anything to do with it other than supplying some players and that's really their choice individually. They could still make it an event using former players and area players. I'd go very little if at all. I go to see the players on the current roster.

Sucks. That gym would always be packed for the first couple of games.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think that UT has anything to do with it other than supplying some players and that's really their choice individually. They could still make it an event using former players and area players. I'd go very little if at all. I go to see the players on the current roster.

Sucks. That gym would always be packed for the first couple of games.

It’s dead without UT.

Don't underestimate Weezy, The Action Figure, or the Umpa Lumpa.

They could pull something off by using more local high school players.

Those guys ain’t coming without UT and if they did nobody would come watch.

Could just go watch 30 year old men at the Y if you want though.

What is the team doing instead?

I think this is the reason it's not going to happen.iirc When the league was formed the NCAA didn't allow summer "practices" with coaches. Now they do and the RTL isn't nearly as useful.

Imo the league is a safety hazard for the players.
When I attended there were instances where the players woudnt arrive until minutes before the game. No time for stretching or proper warm up. That increases injuries imo

VN Store

Back