Vols No. 16 in final coaches poll

It's fair. Ahead of Kentucky and they made the sweet 16. Man I don't know how some here will
Handle that

probably about right, could argue to be up a spot or two, but not necessarily worth it.

Better record then Clemson in a better top to bottom league. Beat them at their place when they where healthy in the Hurricane game. Should be ahead of them for the year's body of work.

Reactions: 1 person
Better record then Clemson in a better top to bottom league. Beat them at their place when they where healthy in the Hurricane game. Should be ahead of them for the year's body of work.

I think their lopsided win over Auburn warrants having them just ahead of us but it's close

Too high. This team is definitely among the top 16 teams in the country, but they didn't earn it when it counted. Could have been SEC Tournament champs. Should have been in (at least) the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tournament. Didn't get it done.

I am hoping that this serves as fuel for next season. They are a talented bunch with some good leadership. Nothing in guaranteed from year to year, so there is no certainty that the Vols will be back to where they were in 2017-18 during this upcoming season. That is why you must take full advantage of the opportunities when they are within your grasp. They'll have to put in some really hard work and have a little luck along the way.

Too high. This team is definitely among the top 16 teams in the country, but they didn't earn it when it counted. Could have been SEC Tournament champs. Should have been in (at least) the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Tournament. Didn't get it done.

I am hoping that this serves as fuel for next season. They are a talented bunch with some good leadership. Nothing in guaranteed from year to year, so there is no certainty that the Vols will be back to where they were in 2017-18 during this upcoming season. That is why you must take full advantage of the opportunities when they are within your grasp. They'll have to put in some really hard work and have a little luck along the way.

Virginia lost to UMBC but I would not rank UVA under UMBC and a definitely don't think UVA worse than 32 other teams. I think UVA is a top 5 team. But in the tournament crazy **** can happen.

They lost to a team that had every single last bounce go their way, and it took an off-balance, last-second shot for a team that made it to the final four. We didn't lose to the '88 Lakers, but let's not pretend we lost in a landslide to Sisters of the Poor, either.

Reactions: 2 people
They lost to a team that had every single last bounce go their way, and it took an off-balance, last-second shot for a team that made it to the final four. We didn't lose to the '88 Lakers, but let's not pretend we lost in a landslide to Sisters of the Poor, either.

16 is about right. Loyola was a decent mid-major team that was living on a prayer for most of the tourney. They won their first 3 games in the tourney by 1 point and a couple last second shots. With Alexander, we beat them by 6-8 points and probably get to our first ever Final 4. Looking forward to next year but every season is different ( injuries, chemistry, etc). Expectations will be much higher. Can this team play as inspired as they did this year with a little more weight on their shoulders next season? Guess we'll find out.

I'm not concerned about this ranking. I'm more concerned about how we rank next season.

Having the Ramblers as 7th best team at end of season is a joke. Where were they ranked the 9th week? 13th?

16 is about right. Loyola was a decent mid-major team that was living on a prayer for most of the tourney. They won their first 3 games in the tourney by 1 point and a couple last second shots. With Alexander, we beat them by 6-8 points and probably get to our first ever Final 4. Looking forward to next year but every season is different ( injuries, chemistry, etc). Expectations will be much higher. Can this team play as inspired as they did this year with a little more weight on their shoulders next season? Guess we'll find out.

Actually 4 points. The game winner versus Miami was a 3-pointer.

I'm not concerned about this ranking. I'm more concerned about how we rank next season.

Having the Ramblers as 7th best team at end of season is a joke. Where were they ranked the 9th week? 13th?

They won over 30 games and made the Elite 8. I don't like it, but they deserved to be ranked 7th

VN Store

Back