Vol Hoops No. 8 in Sporting News way-too-early Top 25

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Reactions: 9 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Concur on the way too early part - but if these guys continue to develop, they should do well next season.

That one point loss doesn't look quite as bad in the rearview...

So losing Scholfield apparently to the draft...no agent....like wth is having no Ill affect on our next years outlook. He was huge this year. Hit 3's like its a magic # for a 6'5" hulk of a frame. Guess we'll see.:confused:

So losing Scholfield apparently to the draft...no agent....like wth is having no Ill affect on our next years outlook. He was huge this year. Hit 3's like its a magic # for a 6'5" hulk of a frame. Guess we'll see.:confused:

Schofield will be playing for UT next season

Reactions: 16 people
Nice read, but this part...

"In his second year as head coach, Will Wade is bringing in the type of recruiting class that changes a program’s status in its conference. LSU has Scout.com’s No. 4 class nationally, including 5-star forwards Nazreon Reid and Emmitt Williams and 4-star recruits Darius Days and Je’Vonte Smart."

makes me wish Will Wade was recruiting for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I doubt it will work that way.

6 SEC teams in projected too 25. Going to be a tough league again, probably better than this past season. Won't be surprised if Vols don't win the SEC but will advance further in the tourney next year.

"In his second year as head coach, Will Wade is bringing in the type of recruiting class that changes a program’s status in its conference. LSU has Scout.com’s No. 4 class nationally, including 5-star forwards Nazreon Reid and Emmitt Williams and 4-star recruits Darius Days and Je’Vonte Smart."

And yet, Rick Barnes and his band of misfits made the tournament while Wade and his superstars sat at home.

I get that following recruiting is a lot of fun when you are competing and taking in 4 & 5*s left and right, but they give no reward for winning championships in recruiting. Ask Butch Jones.

Reactions: 5 people
And yet, Rick Barnes and his band of misfits made the tournament while Wade and his superstars sat at home.

I get that following recruiting is a lot of fun when you are competing and taking in 4 & 5*s left and right, but they give no reward for winning championships in recruiting. Ask Butch Jones.

I predict LSU’s days of sitting at home are coming to an end.

Reactions: 1 person

Emmitt Williams was heading elsewhere until he was arrested for sexual assault recently. Big boys backed off of him and that’s how he found his way to LSU.

Charges were eventually dropped, but just an fyi

I’ve never seen a coach get more hype for doing so much nothing on the court than Wade. The guy has one tournament win in five years as a head coach.

Reactions: 2 people

Hell, he's only been there one season. Hardly any coach makes the Big Dance in his first year at a new gig. Methinks Wade will not only develop the blue-chip recruits he's already landed but add significantly to the talent level already on his roster by the time he's been at LSU as long as Barnes has been at UT. Reining in 4- and 5-star recruits will improve any program in a hurry, unless the coach is Cuonzo-level or worse.

LSU will be pretty good next year . Tremont waters back, 5 Star PG coming & two 5 Star PF .

Things are slow at work today so I thought I would share my two cents on next years roster and see what everybody else thinks.
The Leaders-Schofield and Williams,a really good one-two punch. They both have room for improvement but we pretty well know what we will get from each next year.
Most exited about- Kyle Alexander- He has the tools and showed potential. His growth over the offseason is the difference between as top ten team and a team that can compete for a national title.
The other bigs- I'll put Fulkerson, Kent and Walker in the same category. If Walker and Fulks improve over the offseason our depth inside will be second to none. I like what Walker brings to the table. I still think Fulk can help us if he gets some strength and confidence. Kent is an unknown but at least he has some size.
The points- Bone and Turner- I think Turner remains at point unless someone else comes in. We need growth at this position to be elite. They are solid and have their moments but not elite.
The wings- Bowden, Pons, JJ. This is the most interesting position in my opinion to see who gets the minutes moving forward. Can Bowden return to his early season form? Does Pons incredible athleticism force Barnes to get him on the court more? Can JJ move past his injury issues and show us what made him so highly regarded. I think Pons gets more time moving forward.

Last edited:
Is this a serious post?

You realize he took over a 10-21(2-16) team and got them to 18-15(8-10) in his first season right?

Hmm interesting take...

You criticize a coach who took over a 8-24 team and in Year 1 had them 20-13 and in the NCAAT, bud applaud a coach who took over a 10-21 team and had them 18-15.

Hmm interesting take...

You criticize a coach who took over a 8-24 team and in Year 1 had them 20-13 and in the NCAAT, bud applaud a coach who took over a 10-21 team and had them 18-15.

I just find it funny he is mocking WW and acting like he's got a stacked roster. And then saying "They better, or he will be on the Josh Pastner train out of town." It's year one and they had a good year and he's got talent coming in.

Rick Barnes took a 16-16 team and went 15-19 in his first year.

I wasn't really giving a take as much as I was just kinda confused by CNC's take.

What coach have I criticized? Are you talking about Cuonzo? Lol.

I just find it funny he is mocking WW and acting like he's got a stacked roster. And then saying "They better, or he will be on the Josh Pastner train out of town." It's year one and they had a good year and he's got talent coming in.

Rick Barnes took a 16-16 team and went 15-19 in his first year.

I wasn't really giving a take as much as I was just kinda confused by CNC's take.

What coach have I criticized? Are you talking about Cuonzo? Lol.

I find it funny that you see it as me mocking WW.

Is this a serious post?

You realize he took over a 10-21(2-16) team and got them to 18-15(8-10) in his first season right?

Pretty convenient how you left out the first sentence of my post where I agreed with you that he most likely wins and turns that program around.

But hey, selective reading is cool too.

VN Store

Back