Rivals - #112 OVR, #23 PG

Vols Offer 3/20/18

Links:
ESPN
Rivals

Highlights:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezW4hUeo_8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Saw Simons is getting Crystal Balls to Memphis. Maybe this is the next in line.

Right now, they appear to be more of the hopeful variety from a couple Memphis' 247 writers, who, to be honest, are probably just connecting the dots.

It's true, Simons plays with Penny's son at IMG, and Simons and Penny share the same namesake, but there isn't currently anything credible lending to the idea that Simons will go to Memphis. Most likely scenario is he still goes pro.

Only true PG on the roster is Bone, and even he has taken some time to develop into that role...this guy was Peach Jam MVP, would be a great get. If there’s one thing UCONN does it’s produce some damn good college point guards.

Is this a real possibility or just throwing names out?

Vols offered so I would assume they’re serious about him...they have 1 open spot and up until now it’s been just Harris and Simons, so I wouldn’t assume they’re just throwing 20 offers out there.

I get the idea we need to build but I feel like we need to find another solid grad transfer PG. This kid is talented but would not help us next year. I don't think he would be a help until maybe 19-20 season.

I get the idea we need to build but I feel like we need to find another solid grad transfer PG. This kid is talented but would not help us next year. I don't think he would be a help until maybe 19-20 season.

We need a backup 15-18 minute guy. A freshmen is the way to go imo

James Daniel was a highly coveted guy and you see what he brought to the table (that’s not a knock on him at all)...what grad transfer PG example can you think of that could come in and surpass Bone?

My point being you aren’t going to find an All-conference P5 point guard that’s likely to be a grad transfer, just doesn’t happen...so it’s either you at best land another guy like Daniel and then the following year you’re screwed because you have no experience again at the position, or you take a freshman and let him learn behind Bone so he can take over in a couple years.

Reactions: 1 person
We need a backup 15-18 minute guy. A freshmen is the way to go imo

Daniel gave you 19mpg last year...give Bone an extra 3-4mpg and Turner an extra 2-3mpg and you’re talking about just needing 10-12mpg out of a backup. Perfect role for a freshman to learn the ropes and get his feet wet imo.

I think Turner can definitely play the point next year w some practice. I think he’ll be an extremely effective combo for us.

But we’re still in desperate need of a true PG backup. Simons would be great, but a multi-year player would be great

The question is whether or not TN actually knows that he would want to come here OR we are only offering him because Simons is not?

He can still sign to UConn or even Pittsburgh

The question is whether or not TN actually knows that he would want to come here OR we are only offering him because Simons is not?

He can still sign to UConn or even Pittsburgh

Who all is leaving that Pitt program? Anyone that could help us?

Edit: One is a point guard
Verbal Commits

Last edited:
Do we know if this kid has any interest? Too early to tell?

I would say too early to tell...just a hunch but I would guess the kid steps back and gathers all the offers over the next 1-2 weeks, sees who comes to visit him, and then take some visits.

Hoping for a visit here. If he visits I'll up my optimism.

Oh I agree...one thing in Tennessee’s favor is obviously 1 open scholarship. Where as other schools may be casting wider nets or looking at multiple positions Tennessee can afford to devote their entire staff and time to him. Maybe that catches his eye maybe it doesn’t, but it’s definitely something Tennessee can use.

Oh I agree...one thing in Tennessee’s favor is obviously 1 open scholarship. Where as other schools may be casting wider nets or looking at multiple positions Tennessee can afford to devote their entire staff and time to him. Maybe that catches his eye maybe it doesn’t, but it’s definitely something Tennessee can use.

That sounds like putting all their eggs in one basket. We have a history of screwing that up..

Side note though: What’s the possibility of any of players transferring?

That sounds like putting all their eggs in one basket. We have a history of screwing that up..

Side note though: What’s the possibility of any of players transferring?

Nobody said don’t recruit anyone else, I said the staff has the luxury of being able to devote everyone to him. If he has a workout whole staff can go, they could logistically probably do that for 2 guys.

VN Store

Back