Where do we rank at the start of next year?

Persian Vol

I should be studying.
I would assume we start in the top 10 considering we return essentially our entire team. Thoughts?

I would imagine top 20. If we land Anfernee then perhaps top 10. Adding a top recruit to our returning roster would raise the hype level through the roof.

Definitely not predicted to finish 13th in the SEC, that’s for sure. I’d say top 15.

I see a lot of SEC teams getting stronger next season not just the Vols. Need to see who goes pro and who stays before we get a true picture. Vols will be in the conversation early on.

Top 15. If Barnes can sign a guard that is a difference maker, and by that I mean can drive to the basket and either get to the rim or dish it out, we could easily be a Top 10 team. Guard play is our weakness.

The committee slotted us as the 10th best team so that’s probably where we’ll be. Somewhere in between 8-15 imo

13-15, and prob #3 in conf. Could def see KY picked above us, and depending on how TaM finishes out, they'll get some momentum. Logically, next year sets up well for us, but league may be even tougher next year. ALOT of young talent on teams which will be a year older...Bama, TaM, Ark, KY, FL, which is why we need to add some top end talent which meshes in with our blue collar team.

1. I'd prefer to be under-ranked than over-ranked in the preseason polls next year.

2. Ranking will be dependent upon Admiral, Grant, Kyle, and Anfernee's decisions.

3. One item to consider next year is we had a really fortunate break with our SEC schedule this year (we played the bottom 4 seeds twice and got UK at their nadir). We could have a worst record and still be a better team next year for that reason.

1. I'd prefer to be under-ranked than over-ranked in the preseason polls next year.

2. Ranking will be dependent upon Admiral, Grant, Kyle, and Anfernee's decisions.

3. One item to consider next year is we had a really fortunate break with our SEC schedule this year (we played the bottom 4 seeds twice and got UK at their nadir). We could have a worst record and still be a better team next year for that reason.

People keep saying decisions for Admiral and Grant. What decisions are they making?

Reactions: 1 person
People keep saying decisions for Admiral and Grant. What decisions are they making?

I don't see them making a jump to play professionally (either in the US or Europe) but I'll let the emotion of the season die down before feeling 100% confident.

I don't see them making a jump to play professionally (either in the US or Europe) but I'll let the emotion of the season die down before feeling 100% confident.

I think both of those guys are so competitive, even if they were projected in 2nd round they would come back to improve. I don't know them personally but I doubt either of their families are hurting for money so bad that they would need to skip their senior season to make money in Europe.

Grant and Admiral will surely be back...believe the last game left a real bad taste in their mouths...gotta know they hated the way their run ended...plus, they both need a little more seasoning...another season could potentially help them in the draft...anyway, guess we'll see...

PS. It's where you finish that counts...:)

GO VOLS!

No way Grant or Admiral leave for the NBA. I don’t see Grant Williams transitioning well into the NBA. I don’t think he has the height to be an effective NBA player. Although I feel like if Admiral keeps up his shooting and defends at an elite level he has the potential to be a decent 3 and D guy like Josh Richardson.

They've both already said they are staying next year and they haven't given leaving thought at all.

Decisions on what??????????????????????

None of them are nowhere near ready for the NBA. It's likely none will EVER play in the NBA

Don't know where to put this but..

[twitter]975825462898446337[/twitter]

VN Store

Back