Out of curiosity . . .

cbrown

How would you rank the following accomplishments as far as personal satisfaction?
  • SEC Regular Season Title
  • SEC Tournament Title
  • Sweet 16
  • Final 4
Personally, I would rank them as:
  1. Final 4
  2. SEC Regular Season Title
  3. SEC Tournament Title
  4. Sweet 16
Personally, I have a greater appreciation for performing well over the course of an entire season as opposed to one weekend. Obviously I'd like to have all four, but if you make me choose one, that's how I'd rank them.

Reactions: 1 person
Don’t have many SEC regular season titles without going to Sweet 16. Regardless proud of this team, and can’t wait til next year.

I agree with cbrown's order.

I think some it depends on the school you cheer for. I assume Kentucky fans could care less about anything SEC related.

Whereas a conference title or conference tournament title is a pretty big deal for everyone else.

Said this in another thread, but it's about trophies and banners. You don't get squat for making the Sweet 16.

Same, only with 3 and 4 swapped. SEC Tournament means zero to me.

Agree on this. The only reason I had it at 3 is because of the automatic bid. If we don't need the bid, I'd put it 4th as well.

Final four
Elite 8
Sweet 16
Tourney champ
Reg champ

I might switch those last two after I see us win the tourney. I just wanna see us win it cause we haven’t since 79.

Final four
Elite 8
Sweet 16
Tourney champ
Reg champ

I might switch those last two after I see us win the tourney. I just wanna see us win it cause we haven’t since 79.

So 2014 was a better year in your mind than this year?

So 2014 was a better year in your mind than this year?

No. But you ask which of those things I put ahead of the other specifically. I still grade the year as a whole all together and really I’d put sweet 16 just slightly ahead of those other two. Final four and elite 8 way ahead of the others.

That 2014 team sat on their laurels all year until the last 2 weeks and finally turned it on. Would have been awesome to see them play like that for a whole season.

No. But you ask which of those things I put ahead of the other specifically. I still grade the year as a whole all together and really I’d put sweet 16 just slightly ahead of those other two. Final four and elite 8 way ahead of the others.

That 2014 team sat on their laurels all year until the last 2 weeks and finally turned it on. Would have been awesome to see them play like that for a whole season.

Huh?

You put a sweet 16 as a better accomplishment than a regular season title but you don't call it a better year?

Wtf ziti?

You need another nap .

Huh?

You put a sweet 16 as a better accomplishment than a regular season title but you don't call it a better year?

Wtf ziti?

You need another nap .

Bruin you’re embarrassing yourself today. You’re talking out of your ass.

I'll take an SEC title and round of 32 vs. getting in on the bubble and reaching the Sweet 16 all day every day.

Reactions: 5 people
Personally, I'd go:

1. Final Four
2. SEC Tournament title
3. SEC championship
4. Sweet 16

That'll be until we actually win an SEC Tournament, then that'll probably drop down just above Sweet 16. But right now, I'd rather us do that than anything else that doesn't involve a Final Four. If this team had won the SEC Tournament and then had the exact same thing happen to it this weekend, I'd have been happier than had we won yesterday and not lost until the Elite Eight.

Bruin you’re embarrassing yourself today. You’re talking out of your ass.

So getting to the sweet 16 is Better than winning the sec title in your book, but you won't say that 2014 team had a better year. Geez I wonder why you want say that

1. Final Four
2. Elite 8
3. Regular Season Champs
4. Sweet 16
5. SEC Tournament Champs

Everything else doesn’t matter to me.

So getting to the sweet 16 is Better than winning the sec title in your book, but you won't say that 2014 team had a better year. Geez I wonder why you want say that

Because that’s not all this team did. They beat UK twice. Swept Vandy. Held a ranking for months. They made the dance. Beat a load of tourney teams. Won a game in the dance. Made it to the finals of the SECT.

2014 team made the play in game after underachieving for 95% of the season then went on to make the sweet 16 after a favorable path.

You’re not this dumb. But it’s to be expected from you when you’ve been given an internet noogie all day.

The bottom line is it's takes two months of consistent play to win a conference title. It's a grind.

It's takes 3 days to get to the sweet 16 and you might make it by playing 2 weaker teams even if you aren't a high seed.

There is no comparison which one takes the better team. There is no comparison which team has the better year. It really is dumb to suggest otherwise like you have done

Because that’s not all this team did. They beat UK twice. Swept Vandy. Held a ranking for months. They made the dance. Beat a load of tourney teams. Won a game in the dance. Made it to the finals of the SECT.

2014 team made the play in game after underachieving for 95% of the season then went on to make the sweet 16 after a favorable path.

100% agree. First reasonable post you have had all day.

So your accomplishment of the sweet 16 comes with conditions which you failed to point out until faced with the Delima of giving a team coached by Zo any kind of credit. Glad I could steer you toward something reasonable

I honestly don't see an Elite Eight as a huge step up from the Sweet 16. Nor the second round from making the tournament to begin with. The sort of rungs of the ladder are the round of 64 (making the tournament proper would mean more to me than making a First Four game and then losing), Sweet 16, Final Four, national championship (like winning it, not just making the game).

100% agree. First reasonable post you have had all day.

So your accomplishment of the sweet 16 comes with conditions which you failed to point out until faced with the Delima of giving a team coached by Zo any kind of credit. Glad I could steer you toward something reasonable

Zo didn’t coach that run. The petition did.

I honestly don't see an Elite Eight as a huge step up from the Sweet 16. Nor the second round from making the tournament to begin with. The sort of rungs of the ladder are the round of 64 (making the tournament proper would mean more to me than making a First Four game and then losing), Sweet 16, Final Four, national championship (like winning it, not just making the game).

Check our banners and see how elusive that elite 8 has been for us.

VN Store

Back