Humility: Is Barnes teachable?

VolTexas

Saw a good video about the program and Coach Lanier.

I think these players can win the whole thing, with the training and determination they have exhibited throughout this year. Don't know if I would have said that last year.

But the guards have to be able to drive to draw a foul.

The hesitation was because the paint was stacked:

1) Credible 3s can help.

2) Maybe inside folks maintaining body contact (staying on their blocks) to guarantee that only one defender is in a position to draw a charge would help.

3) Maybe midrange lateral motion, that Loyola sometimes showed, would reduce the chances of a clean block.

I would like to see the team incorporate the best of every team they play in the course of the year.

And Rick to go back and read Wooden's blue book that says, "Never whine, complain, or make excuses."

The SEC player of the year used the word "Harp." Barnes should not have to use the word "sloppy" in a press conference again, as he should fix that this off season.

Otherwise, he is not listening to Wooden.

Reactions: 2 people
Really? We just blew any expectations we had as a team out of the water with the season we just had. Yes, we went out when we shouldn't have, so did Virginia. You, like the rest of us, should be tickled as a pig in poo with how our team performed and salute our coach accordingly. This not picking deal is ridiculous with the coaching job Rick Barnes did this season. Who cares if he's "listening to Wooden?"

Reactions: 3 people
Sweet jesus. They just had the best season of any non Lady Vols basketball or softball team in years.

The Tennessee faithful should be kissing the rear end of Barnes for giving them something worth a damn to rally behind

Reactions: 9 people
Barnes has done a great since his start here. So many that are nit picking tend to forget this team was picked to finish 13 in the SEC, not 13 in the nation at the end of the season before the tourney began. Thanks goes to the coaching staff along with all the team for a great season. Look forward to bigger things next year.

The guards are not driving because they are not triggering, in that they don't see a way to drive without a clean block or charge.

Reactions: 1 person

Details matter, if you want to win.

Saturday was a Loyola home game with a solid block of fans in the expensive seats. Not sure our players expected that on a couple of first half possessions.

After the Wight State game, which UT won by 26, every UT fan I talked to said "UT played too sloppy [sloppily]. They are not going as far as I want them to go, being that sloppy."

Sloppy has to get fixed, for these kids to get what they want. "Harping" means one has not used the proper channel to communicate. It is a coaching issue.

Barnes is the best men's basketball coach UT has ever had, but he could improve at getting his team's to go deep in March. Is he able to improve?

Hey VolTexas, I’m like an elephant, I don’t forget things bro. When I’m mod in 2020 you’re done. Lifetime ban.

We just won a share of the SEC, made it to the conference championship game, had the SEC Player of the Year and 6th man of the year along with Tricky Rick winning coach of the year and lost in a close game in the 2nd round of the tourney.

THIS TEAM WAS PICKED TO FINISH 13th IN THE SEC.

Reactions: 3 people
Saw a good video about the program and Coach Lanier.

I think these players can win the whole thing, with the training and determination they have exhibited throughout this year. Don't know if I would have said that last year.

But the guards have to be able to drive to draw a foul.

The hesitation was because the paint was stacked:

1) Credible 3s can help.

2) Maybe inside folks maintaining body contact (staying on their blocks) to guarantee that only one defender is in a position to draw a charge would help.

3) Maybe midrange lateral motion, that Loyola sometimes showed, would reduce the chances of a clean block.

I would like to see the team incorporate the best of every team they play in the course of the year.

And Rick to go back and read Wooden's blue book that says, "Never whine, complain, or make excuses."

The SEC player of the year used the word "Harp." Barnes should not have to use the word "sloppy" in a press conference again, as he should fix that this off season.

Otherwise, he is not listening to Wooden.

Barnes said it in every press conference this season, constancy. This team was very talented but prone to 3 to 6 minute scoring droughts, their achilles heel. Some teams were not able to take advantage, some where. Hot tournament teams most always will. Hopefully they learned something to harden them for next season. Gotta get that guy who steps up during these cold spells.

Barnes said it in every press conference this season, constancy. This team was very talented but prone to 3 to 6 minute scoring droughts, their achilles heel. Some teams were not able to take advantage, some where. Hot tournament teams most always will. Hopefully they learned something to harden them for next season. Gotta get that guy who steps up during these cold spells.

Yeah, they are not seeing their keys, or they don't know how distort the defense enough to create lanes - maybe pulling Grant out toward a wing would do it...

Barnes owns it. By 10th game in next year, there should not be any look our guards can't recognize and quickly take apart. There should be a coach in the ear of the guard coming off the bench asking "What do you think we should do here?..."

Barnes owns it.

Hey VolTexas, I’m like an elephant, I don’t forget things bro. When I’m mod in 2020 you’re done. Lifetime ban.

If this site is run by folks who don't care about the kids, the team or the coach, I'm good with being banned.

People tell the truth because they care.

People flatter because they want power.

After you get what you want, I will still care about the kids, the team and the coach.

And you will still care about power. Is your name Lyle?

You act like Lyle.

I am very proud of these young men and Coach Barnes; fun to watch ; good attitudes ; a very very good year

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back