Awesome season

we were just one bounce away. We beat almost all our arch rivals. Basketball put a smile on a lot of those disappointed faces from the football season. I love this team. It is hard for us and harder for the players. They put everything into this game. That flight back is going to be painful.

I hope there are no dumb wits who are bashing these players on twitters.

Reactions: 1 person
Great reg season...but a very bitter ending. Disappointing at the end of the day...to lose to an 11th seed. This team had a red carpet to the Sweet 16...Wright State and Loyola? C'mon. It was gift wrapped. Wasn't like we were facing North Carolina and Duke for gawds sake.

Finally hit the famous "Barnes Wall (c)". There are tons of teams that can take solace in the..."look where we were picked" agenda.

Nice beating Kentucky twice....Nice sharing the SEC reg season title....but a very bitter disappointment going out like that to Loyola of all teams....and to be a 3 seed and picked by some to go to the final four? And go out like that? Hard to do jumping jacks after not even making the Sweet 16.

The "Barnes Wall (c)" is real and this team hit it at the worst possible time.

Reactions: 2 people
Great reg season...but a very bitter ending. Disappointing at the end of the day...to lose to an 11th seed. This team had a red carpet to the Sweet 16...Wright State and Loyola? C'mon. It was gift wrapped. Wasn't like we were facing North Carolina and Duke for gawds sake.

Finally hit the famous "Barnes Wall (c)". There are tons of teams that can take solace in the..."look where we were picked" agenda.

Nice beating Kentucky twice....Nice sharing the SEC reg season title....but a very bitter disappointment going out like that to Loyola of all teams....and to be a 3 seed and picked by some to go to the final four? And go out like that? Hard to do jumping jacks after not even making the Sweet 16.

Did Kyle Alexander injure his hip by running into the "Barnes Wall (c)" ?

Reactions: 5 people
Considering where they were picked, great year.

Based on what they had returning i saw this team as around the 5-7. Obviously, tying for the SEC regular season and making it to finals of tourney was over achieving.

Barnes made his mark out coaching and out working the other SEC teams. There were teams that had a much higher ceiling but underperformed.
Yesterday, he got out coached and out worked.

Do you know anything about Loyola other than they are an 11th seed?

In perspective picked to be 13th and finish tied winning the SEC, competing in the big 64 tourney it’s been a good season. The best news is this team could come back next year intact more experienced with a year of seasoning. I’m proud how our men represented the university and the state of Tennessee. Go big orange!

This is what stinks about basketball. Just about everybody's season ends with a disappointing loss.

I wish we could have figured a way to score about 3 points, during a certain 6 consecutive minutes of the game, but it sure was a great comeback.

Thanks for a Great season VOLS and looking forward to Next Year !

This is what stinks about basketball. Just about everybody's season ends with a disappointing loss.

This is true, however, there is some solace in getting to a Sweet 16, Elite 8 or Final 4. Still hard to believe this program has Never been to a Fianl 4 and only 1 Elite 8. Really stings losing to a double digit seed when the path to the Elite 8 was wide open this year for us. Good season overall though

The fact is nearly every team’s season ends with disappointment and a loss except for the champion.

I posted this before but I thoroughly enjoyed this basketball season, extremely proud of the growth and the type of team we were, a gritty, hardworking, TEAM who played together as a unit. Good defensively and different guys stepping up. Fun fun season, hate that it’s over but it was a blast!

Reactions: 3 people
enjoyed the hell out of this season...if you didn't...feel kinda sad for ya...thanks to all the mods...BTO...TGO...(others too), without their posting all the good info and keeping us informed and ready for the next game, it wouldn't have been as good as it was on VN...so thanks to everyone involved and hope to continue to enjoy this team...it was a pretty good season, and, next season is not that far away...:):)

GO BIG ORANGE!

I for one, am very proud of this team and coach! They exceeded all of my expectations. It may be hard to do better next year, but with more hard work, more team work, and more support from the VOL NATION, will surely help in succeeding in everything these young men do. Great Job! GBO!

We closed 7-2 down the stretch, wtf are you talking about?

It was a good season, but the harsh fact is that this is a March sport. The season is meant to position yourself for March. Few will remember how great of a season Virginia had this year. Sweet 16 would have been memorable for this season and a nice way to finish a solid, surprising year. I'm not down on Barnes, but that was a game we should have won yesterday. Plus, Barnes does have a serious problem with underachieving in March for his career. The good news is that I think Barnes does most everything else well and will leave the program in good shape for the next guy.

VN Store

Back