Now Barnes gets his heartbreaker

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
A high % of our NCAA losses are of the heartbreaking variety. This includes Green, Pearl, and Martin.

1998 vs Illinois St
2007 vs Ohio St
2009 vs Ok St
2010 vs Mich St
2014 vs Mich
2018 vs Loyola

[twitter]975186189346050048[/twitter]

Definitely a heartbreaker for us-- but for them even worse.

Reactions: 1 person
A high % of our NCAA losses are of the heartbreaking variety. This includes Green, Pearl, and Martin.

1998 vs Illinois St
2007 vs Ohio St
2009 vs Ok St
2010 vs Mich St
2014 vs Mich
2018 vs Loyola

Well unless you win the tournament or get blown out, you’re likely to have a heartbreaking loss

Reactions: 6 people
Nothing to be upset about. Proud of these men.

Way to Represent Volunteers, myself and most are proud of you.

Reactions: 10 people
This one is probably right behind the Mich St one for me. Fought so hard to climb all the way back after not leading the entire 2nd half only to have victory snatched away by a miracle shot. Hopefully the guys watch that shot every single day of the offseason and let’s it fuel them to get even better. Great season but ended way too soon for a great group of guys.

[twitter]975186189346050048[/twitter]

Definitely a heartbreaker for us-- but for them even worse.

Fuel that fire baby!

Something about Losing here that I think propels this team into a better off season than say if we had lost next week to cincy
And in the end all this tounrey sport bs woudnt have made it any different.

Fired up for next year

Nothing to be upset about. Proud of these men.

Way to Represent Volunteers, myself and most are proud of you.

Hope they know we are so proud of them--not only great gritty players, but outstanding classy men and a fantastic coach.

Reactions: 3 people

1998 vs Illinois St
2007 vs Ohio St
2009 vs Ok St
2010 vs Mich St
2014 vs Mich
2018 vs Loyola

Put in ernie/Bernie 76 and 77
We may never have a clearer path again. I mean who knows but what a setup in bracket

Reactions: 2 people
Was that when we ran into Jeff Lamp and Ralph Sampson from Virginia?

No. I think in 77' King was out in the 1st game of the tourney due to ankle. We played some undersized team that just lit it up from outside. Remember that misery as a teen.

Reactions: 2 people
No. I think in 77 King was out in the 1st game of the tourney due to ankle. We played some undersized team that just lit it up from outside. Remember that misery as a teen.

We lost to VMI in 1976 when King was out because of an injured finger. We lost to Syracuse in OT in 1977.

We lost to VMI in 1976 when King was out because of an injured finger. We lost to Syracuse in OT in 1977.

VMI shot 66% from what now would be three pointers. It was amazing to watch (and painful).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put in ernie/Bernie 76 and 77
We may never have a clearer path again. I mean who knows but what a setup in bracket

This is why it upset me so much. Everything had fallen in place for us. The table was set for a deep run...perhaps to a level UT had not achieved before. All there for the taking. Just play our game. Hard to imagine we will see a better path again anytime soon.

Bone looked like maybe he needed a couple more

Yea raw emotion.

Said this last night and I believe it more today. This loss is going to give this team an edge for the off season. Much more so than a loss next weekend would have done. Hell we have some serious ignorance going on around here saying this team has no elite players and that is exactly what those guys need to feel for the off season imo

Yea raw emotion.

Said this last night and I believe it more today. This loss is going to give this team an edge for the off season. Much more so than a loss next weekend would have done. Hell we have some serious ignorance going on around here saying this team has no elite players and that is exactly what those guys need to feel for the off season imo

Name me one " elite" player on this team? Any future NBA stars or even players that make a roster? Doubtful outside of Alexander based on pure ability and size.

Name me one " elite" player on this team? Any future NBA stars or even players that make a roster? Doubtful outside of Alexander based on pure ability and size.

Well, not sure what you consider “elite” but we do return the SEC Player of the Year. So..there’s that...

Btw—is Joe Flacco elite?

Well, not sure what you consider “elite” but we do return the SEC Player of the Year. So..there’s that...

Btw—is Joe Flacco elite?

Williams was given the POY only because we tied for SEC Champs. The media gave it to Maten. Grant is a good player but I would argue that Admiral is better.

VN Store

Back