Is Anfernee Simons still happening?

GetEmVols

Haven't heard much about this guy lately. When is signing for Basketball? Him coming here would put really get us excited about next year and the timing sooner than later is needed. :)

Haven't heard much about this guy lately. When is signing for Basketball? Him coming here would put really get us excited about next year and the timing sooner than later is needed. :)

NBA bound.

Would make us a formidable Final 4 team next year. We can only hope he loves orange.

He could play and be a top 5 pick. Idk why some are acting like it is a foregone conclusion. He could make a name and get endorsements right out of school and a better contract. Or he could get paid a year early and maybe make less.

He could play and be a top 5 pick. Idk why some are acting like it is a foregone conclusion. He could make a name and get endorsements right out of school and a better contract. Or he could get paid a year early and maybe make less.

If he’s a first round pick he becomes a guaranteed millionaire. It’s a no brainer.

Reactions: 1 person
If he’s a first round pick he becomes a guaranteed millionaire. It’s a no brainer.

Yup and absolute worst case he plays in the G league while getting paid that huge pile of cash.

That said, is it looking like he's likely to be a first round pick? I haven't seen any projections yet.

Yup and absolute worst case he plays in the G league while getting paid that huge pile of cash.

That said, is it looking like he's likely to be a first round pick? I haven't seen any projections yet.

Yes.

He is projected at No.21. Many believe he will come to UT if he skips the draft.
Some believe Penny Hardaway will try to get him to go to Memphis. Penny’s son plays with Simons at IMG

don't remember seeing anywhere where it was "actually happening"...need to see some paperwork first...:):)

GBO!

I don't keep up with recruiting like most in this forum do. Why is Simons still on everybody's wish list? Looking at the ESPN top 100, he has a dozen schools on his "List" and all of them have offered, but UT isn't one of them.

Are people hoping for a big surprise like a secret meeting with him or something. Also, I'd be afraid of what a "One and done" would do to the chemistry that has been developed under CRB. Like Diamond DeShields affect on the Lady Vols. Anybody. Please set me straight.

Last edited:
Tennessee needs guys projected to return to declare, a couple of guys do that and that 21 turns into 25 or lower and the first round doesn’t look so likely.

Tennessee needs guys projected to return to declare, a couple of guys do that and that 21 turns into 25 or lower and the first round doesn’t look so likely.

If Simons declares, do you think we offer a grad transfer or someone out of high school? Sorry, don’t follow recruiting.

VN Store

Back