Blown opportunity by the Vols

1985Vols

First of all, I'm extremely proud of what the basketball Vols accomplished this season and we all know they should never have been picked 13th preseason in the SEC ( by the media of course). With that said, they blew a Golden opportunity tonight with what should have been a sweet 16 game next week in Atlanta. I've been a Vol fan for almost 50 years and am not sure we've ever seen the sea parted any better for us to make a Final 4. For some reason we decided to jack up 3 point shots and did not play with the effort and intensity it takes to advance in the Big Dance. i guess there's always " next year". That's been our battle cry for as long as I have been a fan.

Reactions: 10 people
Yeah, it’s a strange feeling. Even though the team did a lot of good things this year, i can’t help but feel disappointed in how this season turned out. The SEC Tournament Championship game was ours to take, as was the trip to the Sweet 16. Dropping both was painful.

Reactions: 8 people
First of all, I'm extremely proud of what the basketball Vols accomplished this season and we all know they should never have been picked 13th preseason in the SEC ( by the media of course). With that said, they blew a Golden opportunity tonight with what should have been a sweet 16 game next week in Atlanta. I've been a Vol fan for almost 50 years and am not sure we've ever seen the sea parted any better for us to make a Final 4. For some reason we decided to jack up 3 point shots and did not play with the effort and intensity it takes to advance in the Big Dance. i guess there's always " next year". That's been our battle cry for as long as I have been a fan.

Exactly. Nothing changes with UT...ever.

Reactions: 11 people
Exactly. Nothing changes with UT...ever.

Stop being a miserable schmuck. We get it, you think nothing ever good happens for UT even though we just won an SEC title. You can wallow in your sorrows somewhere else.

Reactions: 7 people
You guys should really enjoy how good a season all together it was excluding this game. We finished above expectations and was co champs of the SEC. Now wait till football season and another 5-7 season and beatdowns from Georgia and Bama and you all will be missing the BBall Vols.

Stop being a miserable schmuck. We get it, you think nothing ever good happens for UT even though we just won an SEC title. You can wallow in your sorrows somewhere else.

Nah...I think I'll hang. Besides, I've got over 50 years of experience in dealing with UT disappointment. I'll get over it in due time. For now I'll vent if you don't mind....and even if you do mind, I don't give a damn.

Reactions: 16 people
This loss really sucks.

I don’t mean to complain but damn, if we had to lose, I’d rather not lose by a last minute shot by the opposing team.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, it’s a strange feeling. Even though the team did a lot of good things this year, i can’t help but feel disappointed in how this season turned out. The SEC Tournament Championship game was ours to take, as was the trip to the Sweet 16. Dropping both was painful.

It feels strange because no matter how good the regular season was all that matters in CBB is the tournament. End of the day all this amazing team was able to do was beat a 14 seed and lose to an 11 seed. Good teams don’t get knocked out in the round of 32. Good teams don’t ignore their offense and just start throwing up desperation 3’s. Good teams don’t need a last second stop against a vastly inferior opponent

Reactions: 5 people
It feels strange because no matter how good the regular season was all that matters in CBB is the tournament. End of the day all this amazing team was able to do was beat a 14 seed and lose to an 11 seed. Good teams don’t get knocked out in the round of 32. Good teams don’t ignore their offense and just start throwing up desperation 3’s. Good teams don’t need a last second stop against a vastly inferior opponent

None if that is true.

Reactions: 6 people
Nah...I think I'll hang. Besides, I've got over 50 years of experience in dealing with UT disappointment. I'll get over it in due time. For now I'll vent if you don't mind....and even if you do mind, I don't give a damn.

50 years of UT disappointment? This is a great sports tradition filled university. People think it’s sort of curse or something but the basketball tradition since 2005 has been good. It sucks, I get. Losses sucks. We don’t need people going over all over the board how this typical Tennessee and of course because Tennessee all they do is disappoint.

We had a hell of year. We ran into a good team who played better than us. **** happens. We hit our shot, they hits theirs. That is sports. And yeah you can vent but I don’t need in five different threads.

Reactions: 2 people

We completely got away from our strength, going inside the paint on offense. We jacked up 25 , 3 point shots , only shot 6 FT's ( questionable officiating), and Williams only gets 9 shots. First time we have lost to a double digit seed since 1999. Not a good way to end what was a very good season.

Reactions: 3 people
Another choke in a big moment. :popcorn:

It is a matter of what you consider choking. If it is letting an inferior team be in the game, then we choked.

If you count the last 4 minutes, we came from 10 down and had the lead. We almost had the steal, and a guy on the other team hits a shot that bounces to the the height of the backboard before falling in. We have 3 seconds to get the ball down the court (with no time outs), and almost hit a 3 pointer. I don't call that choking at all.

Reactions: 2 people
It is a matter of what you consider choking. If it is letting an inferior team be in the game, then we choked.

If you count the last 4 minutes, we came from 10 down and had the lead. We almost had the steal, and a guy on the other team hits a shot that bounces to the the height of the backboard before falling in. We have 3 seconds to get the ball down the court (with no time outs), and almost hit a 3 pointer. I don't call that choking at all.

We were a 3 seed that lost to an 11 seed. We choked.

Reactions: 7 people
50 years of UT disappointment? This is a great sports tradition filled university. People think it’s sort of curse or something but the basketball tradition since 2005 has been good. It sucks, I get. Losses sucks. We don’t need people going over all over the board how this typical Tennessee and of course because Tennessee all they do is disappoint.

We had a hell of year. We ran into a good team who played better than us. **** happens. We hit our shot, they hits theirs. That is sports. And yeah you can vent but I don’t need in five different threads.

Given the huge number of posts you've made combined with the fact that you're a mod...one would assume you'd know there's an ignore button and how to use it. Yeah we had a great season and tomorrow I'll probably see things differently especially after the bourbon leaves my system but tonight...I'm royally pissed at myself for believing and I'm not likely to listen to reason from you or anyone else. Save yourself some time and hit that button pal.

Reactions: 3 people
We completely got away from our strength, going inside the paint on offense. We jacked up 25 , 3 point shots , only shot 6 FT's ( questionable officiating), and Williams only gets 9 shots. First time we have lost to a double digit seed since 1999. Not a good way to end what was a very good season.

not to mention we had 2 guards lead us in rebounding with 4 apiece. Plain and simple is it meant more to Loyola.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back