Does this loss hurt? Yes. But don't criticize

volsarelife1

At the end of the day this team way over achieved. We were picked to finish 13th in the SEC for crying out loud and we ended up being a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Yes this loss hurts and sucks. But the people saying this team and Barnes let them down are also posters who weren't around most of the season. It's mostly trolls and negavols who only show up to complain. This team let nobody down.

We should all be proud of what they accomplished this season. Now lets look forward to what next year will bring.

Reactions: 6 people
This loss is gonna hurt us IMO. The problem is that they still have an underdog mindset. When they get into an environment where they are NOT considered the underdog they aren't as aggressive or the "got nothing to loose" attitude.

We were picked 13th from the beginning. That fueled us.

I'm not sure how we will recover after this.

Will our players begin to feel like they are still the underdogs or are they going to feel like the dominant team?

This was one of the very few opportunities Tennessee had to make a real move toward becoming elite, and they failed. There is absolutely no guarantee we'll be back next year which makes this loss hurt like a dagger thrust into your side.

Last edited:
I know we are SEC champions and we have a coach that SHOULD win 2 COYs, but this is probably what got Rick Barnes fired at Texas. Early exits when many people think they could go further than what they did.

I’m very depressed right now but eventually I’ll have to get over it sooner or later.

Lucky ass shot at the end

I know we are SEC champions and we have a coach that SHOULD win 2 COYs, but this is probably what got Rick Barnes fired at Texas. Early exits when many people think they could go further than what they did.

Barnes threw Alexander to the floor and put Schofield into early foul trouble when he was carrying the offense? Who knew?

Reactions: 1 person

At Texas he had teams far better than these. Hell, he had teams better than Bruce's best teams. With the kind of talent he had this year, he wouldn't be fired anywhere in the country.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back