Lengthy Standing ovation!

BruinVol

One of the most enjoyable and satisfying years of my fandome life following Vols Hoops!

I couldn't be prouder of these 2017-2018 Vols!

Can't be more excited for next November!

Reactions: 42 people
Nope. Choked. Do not get that many chances. No guarantee that we will be back next year. Have to take advantage of opportunities

Reactions: 19 people
Great season. Tough way to go out.

Next year expectations will be quite high, and should be.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't think anyone expected us to be here. Missing Alexander and shooting ten fewer free throws hurt.

Greatly looking forward to our team next year!

Reactions: 6 people
It was fun, but I am physically sick. I don't understand what happened to that raw emotion from the first 4 mins. It's like they just laid down. That was a piss poor performance.

Reactions: 7 people
Seriously I'm heartbroken from the loss but this team had absolutely no quit and I couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Kyle is more important than what most here want to admit. I think him not playing today cost us the game. Oh well, my sports season is over until September.... this sucks.

I'm proud of our Volunteers, from next to last to NCAA Tournament, great job men.

Go Big Orange!

Reactions: 4 people
Been a fan since '65. It's always the same damned thing. Hopes built then dashed. Nothing changes with UT. Always a gut punch from the Vols. No one to blame but myself. Stupid to really think we'd take advantage of an opportunity.

Reactions: 13 people
Been a fan since '65. It's always the same damned thing. Hopes built then dashed. Nothing changes with UT. Always a gut punch from the Vols. No one to blame but myself. Stupid to really think we'd take advantage of an opportunity.

Yep

Reactions: 4 people
Kyle is more important than what most here want to admit. I think him not playing today cost us the game. Oh well, my sports season is over until September.... this sucks.

I'm proud of our Volunteers, from next to last to NCAA Tournament, great job men.

Go Big Orange!

When I saw Fulkerson start the beginning of the game I knew we were screwed. Why Barnes chose to start him over going with a 3 guard lineup will haunt me until next season. Great season but we choked away a chance at our first Final 4 as the sea had parted for us. I'm beginning to think we will never make one in my lifetime.

Reactions: 1 person
Massive blown opportunity, but definitely overachieved relative to projection. This one will sting for a while

Tough tough loss

We exceeded expectations this year and unfortunately had one of our best players off the floor tonight. Fortunately we can recover and build into next year

Once the emotions settle down, everyone should realize this was truly a very solid season... this team will be a force to reckon with next year.

Reactions: 8 people
When I saw Fulkerson start the beginning of the game I knew we were screwed. Why Barnes chose to start him over going with a 3 guard lineup will haunt me until next season. Great season but we choked away a chance at our first Final 4 as the sea had parted for us. I'm beginning to think we will never make one in my lifetime.

TN played the best at the start of the game.

Reactions: 2 people
Nope. Choked. Do not get that many chances. No guarantee that we will be back next year. Have to take advantage of opportunities

As fun as the season was, this is correct. Gotta grab the prize when it’s right in front of you. Can’t fall flat on your face TWICE with a conference tournament championship and then a Sweet 16 on the line.

Two regular season wins against UK don’t mean much when you lose in the championship game. Earning a 3 seed doesn’t mean much when you do the standard Vol fall short drill in the round of 32.

Good season, but still a disappointment. Should have done more. Hope the guys use it for fuel next year.

These kinds of opportunities are few and far between. Sad it had to end like this in heartbreaking fashion.

Reactions: 2 people
Tough tough loss

We exceeded expectations this year and unfortunately had one of our best players off the floor tonight. Fortunately we can recover and build into next year

I agree but it's a broken record for us, it's always " wait until next year ". Still think there is a curse on UT Sports , especially after that last shot hit the side of the rim and bounced up on the backboard and went in plus some of the calls that went against us tonight were horrible.

VN Store

Back