Tennessee needs to pay Barnes

kxtop

Georgia agreed to a 6 year contract with Tom Crean for $3,2 million per year. We have the SEC coach of the year and a probable national coach of the year, this is no time to be just plain cheap! Barnes should be paid for what he is doing for our program!!

Reactions: 10 people
Georgia agreed to a 6 year contract with Tom Crean for $3,2 million per year. We have the SEC coach of the year and a probable national coach of the year, this is no time to be just plain cheap! Barnes should be paid for what he is doing for our program!!

My guess is he will get a raise. In his initial deal, he makes 2.5 per year, and it looks like he will at least make another 75k-200k in bounuses.

Knowing Barnes, he will probably ask that his assistants get a majority of the raise.

Reactions: 13 people
My guess is he will get a raise. In his initial deal, he makes 2.5 per year, and it looks like he will at least make another 75k-200k in bounuses.

Knowing Barnes, he will probably ask that his assistants get a majority of the raise.

Amen. Glad to have a coach like that on Rocky Top. If Butch had won the East, he would have tried to get 10 million a year for himself.

Reactions: 4 people

Is Crean worth 6 yrs and 3.2 mill per year? I'd like to be his agent

Reactions: 1 person
Vol Nation. A place where thousandaires lobby for multi-millionaires to be given a raise by the state of Tennessee (which will be funded by the thousandaires).

Reactions: 7 people
But 6 years? I understand the money

5-6 years is pretty common as well...especially after you get turned down by your first choice like UGA did. Also depending on how the contract is written that 6th year means nothing, could be a 10 year deal but with minimal buyout after 4th year.

Vol Nation. A place where thousandaires lobby for multi-millionaires to be given a raise by the state of Tennessee (which will be funded by the thousandaires).

TGO regardless its the nature of the business and Barnes deserves to get paid and I'm sure he will. The system needs to change and hopefully it will in time but Barnes deserves what he deserves.

Smart man.With the money he's made through out his career his family is probably set for at least a couple of generations.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
When is enough $$$ enough? Dude financially could retire and is 63. Maybe its me but goodness not like he is behind in his 401K. Sports pay is getting out of control.

Reactions: 3 people
When is enough $$$ enough? Dude financially could retire and is 63. Maybe its me but goodness not like he is behind in his 401K. Sports pay is getting out of control.

You act like markets just pull these arbitrary numbers out of thin air. The money is pouring in. It has to go somewhere. If they don't pay it to coaches some other multimillionaire is going to get it. The consumers are paying for the product. The money has to end up in somebody's pocket.

You act like markets just pull these arbitrary numbers out of thin air. The money is pouring in. It has to go somewhere. If they don't pay it to coaches some other multimillionaire is going to get it. The consumers are paying for the product. The money has to end up in somebody's pocket.

Really???

Yep, and UT has put a lot of money in facilities instead of people over the years. Great people run great programs. The facilities will come once people succeed. Pay Barnes and his assistants since they are getting it done.

Reactions: 2 people
Results? Check.
Integrity? Check.
Great Representative of the University? Check.
Long Term Track Record of Success? Check.
Upper Tier of SEC Coaches? Check (probably second best coach in the league)

Yes, not only give the man a hefty raise, but lock him up. I don't know how anybody can't be overly impressed with the job Rick Barnes has done. This program was in shambles when he arrived.

Reactions: 5 people

Don't worry...he will get paid. Barnes not going to play prima donna, but we seem to have some common sense back in UTAD, so he'll get dialed in.

It’s definitely hard if not impossible for a hard core cynic to dig up any trash/negativity on Coach Barnes. He has been a huge blessing to the Vol program. Win or lose in the rest of the tournament ...color me impressed!!!!

VN Store

Back