Who do we pull for?

I'm somewhat conflicted. I don't know much about Loyola but from what others have said they might be a tougher matchup. I'm going to switch over to this game once Penn/Kansas finishes.

I'm for Miami. Simply because, I have them in my bracket. Although, I kinda want to play Loyola, just because, I want UT to beat them down and make all those picking an upset look stupid

Reactions: 2 people
I think Loyola. They have one of the smallest front courts in the country. Which obviously we have issues with length. They're smaller than Villanova - a game Grant was 9-15 from the floor. And that was Villanova. Also, Alexander and Turner have gotten better since then.

And I think we can take advantage of Loyola turnovers and will be able to get to the line.

I'm somewhat conflicted. I don't know much about Loyola but from what others have said they might be a tougher matchup. I'm going to switch over to this game once Penn/Kansas finishes.

I was, because they're a dangerous team, the way they shoot and defend. But after further considerations, I've changed my mind.

We’ll beat either one. They’re pretty similar teams but from a pure coaching standpoint we probably want Loyola. Jim L at Miami has been to several tournaments and has had a ton of success. Neither team really scares me based on matchup.

Any one know what time we'll be playing on Saturday? I would assume either the first or second game of the day?

Pull for the best team to win. Don't want to play a team with a Fluke win. Earn it!!

I believe they decide after matchups are set tonight? EIther that or first game bc we were early slate today. Usually the Sat/Sun games start a little later though. For what its worth, Ticketmaster says Dallas games have 6pm start time. Not sure how accurate that is?

I want no part of Miami bc dey length. Go loyola

Last edited:
Hope for Miami.....Rick Barry ain't coming thru the tunnel.

I want Miami mostly because A: I have them on my bracket winning today. And, B: i have an idea for that game that I’ve had ever since I learned we could possibly play them lol

Loyola needs more of that ball movement. Without them hitting shots they aren’t going to be able to manufacture points easily against Miami

With about 7 min left in the Loyola/Miami game...
I aint skeered of either one.

Go You Volunteers!

VN Store

Back