BTO’s Wright State NCAAT Edition postgame report

bleedingTNorange

1. Vols did exactly what you hope for in a 3/14 matchup...they built up a double digit lead after a cold start and cruised to a victory. Wright State plays a methodical style which is why you saw the line around 13, the fact the Vols were able to put up 73 against them stuck out to me.

2. We played well offensively however as we all know defense is what this teams identity is and we excelled defensively holding them to a season low in points, great effort all around. Held them to 32%fg which is incredible, and runs our total to 16-0 iirc when holding teams unders 40%fg...continue to bring it defensively and Vols will keep playing.

3. Individually there’s a few guys worth mentioning...Admiral Schofield with another great effort 15pts 12rbds. Grant Williams with an efficient 14pts 9rbds...but the guy who stuck out to me was Lamonte Turner, my goodness, 19pts 9ast 1to, have yourself an opening game Lamonte. Also worth mentioning Fulk and Bowden hitting the glass.

4. Vols didn’t play a perfect game, 28% from 3pt range and a couple more turnovers than we probably should have had...but outside of that it was a very solid all around game and hopefully gets out any first game jitters. We out rebounded another opponent and while that may not seem big we had struggled to rebound all year...defend at this level and continue to rebound and you’ve got yourself a winning March recipe.

5. We’ve had two 6 game winning streaks this year, the most recent one ending with the loss to UK in the SECT championship game. Now would be a great time to start another 6 game winning streak, can’t win 6 without winning the first game and that’s just what we did today, 1 down and 5 more to go.

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 32 people
1. Vols did exactly what you hope for in a 3/14 matchup...they built up a double digit lead after a cold start and cruised to a victory. Wright State plays a methodical style which is why you saw the line around 13, the fact the Vols were able to put up 73 against them stuck out to me.

2. We played well offensively however as we all know defense is what this teams identity is and we excelled defensively holding them to a season low in points, great effort all around. Held them to 32%fg which is incredible, and runs our total to 16-0 iirc when holding teams unders 40%fg...continue to bring it defensively and Vols will keep playing.

3. Individually there’s a few guys worth mentioning...Admiral Schofield with another great effort 15pts 10rbds. Grant Williams with an efficient 14pts 9rbds...but the guy who stuck out to me was Lamonte Turner, my goodness, 19pts 9ast 1to, have yourself an opening game Lamonte. Also worth mentioning Fulk and Bowden hitting the glass.

4. Vols didn’t play a perfect game, 28% from 3pt range and a couple more turnovers than we probably should have had...but outside of that it was a very solid all around game and hopefully gets out any first game jitters. We out rebounded another opponent and while that may not seem big we had struggled to rebound all year...defend at this level and continue to rebound and you’ve got yourself a winning March recipe.

5. We’ve had two 6 game winning streaks this year, the most recent one ending with the loss to UK in the SECT championship game. Now would be a great time to start another 6 game winning streak, can’t win 6 without winning the first game and that’s just what we did today, 1 down and 5 more to go.

GBO!!!

Bingo!

Reactions: 1 person
I think Admiral actually finished with 12 rebs but yes I agree with everything you wrote. Take out the first 5 minutes of the game and we thoroughly beat them like a drum. Great all around effort.

Admiral has cemented himself as a guy you can lean as well as Williams. Turner has as well in a different way and position. Still waiting for Bowden to get going, hopefully he has a couple breakout or recovery games along the way their gonna need some offensive punch at some point.

Glad to see Bowden also grabbed 7 rebounds. KA only had 4 rebounds and 6 points. Alexander must show up on Saturday. Bone as well.

16:37...time of first score...guess it took a little time to get that rocket lit...good team win...:thumbsup:

GBO!

Biggest concern is how bad is Alexander injured? I just hope Barnes will play Walker on Saturday if Alexander can't go. Thunder yes Fulky grabbed 7 boards which was a positive but it was against a team he could probably start for. Schofield and Turner make this team go. Bone needs to step it up for us to make a run

Biggest concern is how bad is Alexander injured? I just hope Barnes will play Walker on Saturday if Alexander can't go. Thunder yes Fulky grabbed 7 boards which was a positive but it was against a team he could probably start for. Schofield and Turner make this team go. Bone needs to step it up for us to make a run

What happened?

In post game interview Barnes said Alexander took himself out due to hip and said he couldn't go back. Said medical staff will be evaluating him and hopes he'll play Saturday.

He needlessly came back in after the injury in a blowout. My guess is that it's no big deal.

Alexander had 4 rebounds and played more minutes

In post game interview Barnes said Alexander took himself out due to hip and said he couldn't go back. Said medical staff will be evaluating him and hopes he'll play Saturday.

Did he not go back in? I could have sworn he did.

Alexander was in extreme pain when he was being checked on the bench. Still made it back on the floor for a few seconds.

He did but was limping with ice pack around his waist after game

I just can't see him being that hurt to have gone back in a game that we didn't need him in. He'll be fine if he truly went back in, which I thought he did.

Barnes told Kesling, Alexander wasn't able to go back in, the last time Barnes was going to put him in

Now if Miami and Loyola would like to beat the hell out of each other I’ll be happy lol

It's worth noting that Fulkerson is finishing the year ahead of walker

Walker is perplexing. It seems like he's always productive in games. He must not do as well in practice and maybe not doing the things that don't show up in stat lines. Fulkerson is in constant motion and sets 3 or 4 picks per possession and also gets into passing lanes. Walker sure seems to finish and get put backs though.

VN Store

Back