Barnes and the Big Dance

OrangeNehi

How far has Coach Barnes taken a team in the NCAA tourney? I thought Texas got to the Sweet 16 under him.

I love Barnes, but if he wants this team to get to the Final 4 he better start playing Walker instead of Fulkerson. I just don't get it.

Reactions: 4 people
I love Barnes, but if he wants this team to get to the Final 4 he better start playing Walker instead of Fulkerson. I just don't get it.

To be honest, I don't think that is a decision that will dictate a FF. We have to shoot better and silly turnovers to make that run.

To be honest, I don't think that is a decision that will dictate a FF. We have to shoot better and silly turnovers to make that run.

Agree, we must get better guard play and Williams needs to step it up a notch. If Alexander is injured and can't go at 100% Saturday, I hope we see Walker instead of Fulkerson

6 Sweet 16s
3 Elite 8s
1 Final 4

That’s more than we have accomplished as an entire program...

Reactions: 7 people
And 23 appearances in the NCAAT. Hard to believe how many idiots did not like the hire and blasted him for 2 and a half years.

Yeah he was literally a gift from God. People need to get over themselves because we could not have asked for a better coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Bone is an enigma and Barnes pulled him 2 minutes into the game. Bowden hasn't played well since December no matter who the opponent is.

I would have yanked Bone too. Wright's strength was Love and I'm sure the game plan was to feed the paint and drive the lane in an effort to get some fouls on him. Bone comes down and immediately starts jacking up shots? If your point guard can't execute the game plan then let him sit and watch

Reactions: 1 person

How many teams have you coached to the Final Four? I'm curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back