Rick Barnes impact on Tennessee Athletics

Awesome write up on a coach that is the REAL DEAL. It is obvious he loves his team and his coaches. How many multi-million dollar coaches would take from his own paycheck and give it to another coach because he thought that assistant deserved more? He did that after he went to bat for the guy and was told no. He made a way! The more I read and hear about him the more I like him. If I had a son who played round ball, he would play for Rick Barnes.

Reactions: 11 people
Time to fix what was torn down over the last decade. Need more people that care and that are effective. CRB fits that profile to a T.

Reactions: 7 people
Give credit to Dave Hart for going out and scooping up coach Barnes after Texas foolishly let him go. We are very fortunate indeed.

Reactions: 4 people
After the football / coach search fiasco, the men’s basketball team and season is greatly appreciated by everyone. Credit Rick Barnes.

Reactions: 3 people
We don't need him too. We just need someone with his mentality and coaching skills, and I think we found him in Jeremy Pruitt.

I support Pruitt and think he was a good hire but only time will tell. Barnes is a proven program builder at multiple stops and has been consistent everywhere as a HEAD COACH. Things are much different when you are the head honcho as opposed to a coordinator.

Reactions: 1 person
I like JP and will give him every chance to succeed, but Barnes has a proven track record placing him far ahead of JP for now.

The hope JP becomes a RB type coach.

Awesome write up on a coach that is the REAL DEAL. It is obvious he loves his team and his coaches. How many multi-million dollar coaches would take from his own paycheck and give it to another coach because he thought that assistant deserved more? He did that after he went to bat for the guy and was told no. He made a way! The more I read and hear about him the more I like him. If I had a son who played round ball, he would play for Rick Barnes.

These are key reasons we're going to be a consistent achiever in men's bball. He'll set the stage over next 5-7 years for UT being basketball power to consistently rival the best in the league...

I support Pruitt and think he was a good hire but only time will tell. Barnes is a proven program builder at multiple stops and has been consistent everywhere as a HEAD COACH. Things are much different when you are the head honcho as opposed to a coordinator.

I hear you and I agree cautious optomism. I won't let myself be caught up in unrealistic hope like I did with Jones. I want CJP to do well and I think he will. Coach Barnes imo is laying groundwork for CJP now, in program success...expectations/possibilities. IMO with the BB program winning it should be easier to get all necessary people to buy in and get engaged.

Great read. CRB has brought a brand of enthusiasm, professionalism & reality that was desperately lacking in the UTAD. :good!:

VN Store

Back