Under the Radar?

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
I have no problem with the 3 Seed. In fact, feel the Vols are in a good position to make a run.

In all that I have read, there is little, if any projections looking beyond game 1 of the tournament.

Any Analysis of the South region, Mentions only the 1, 2, 4 and 5 seeds as the highlights of the region. Dick Vitale last night did mention a TN vs VA Region match-up in the regional final.

Don't mind being under the Radar but shouldn't Tennessee at least be mentioned as a contender for the region. A lot have us packing up our bags early or at least at the Sweet 16.

Just found this interesting to be so Under the Radar and not to be recognized by writers as a 3rd Seed with any potential.

Hope this serves as another motivator for the team.

No Respect?

I think both Tennessee and Cincinnati are undervalued. Whoever wins that game has a better chance to beat Virginia than I think people realize.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree.

Tennessee may have an advantage over Cincinnati better production on offense.

I read that VA and Cincy were the only two teams in Div I that held their opponents to 62 points or less. I thought Tennessee was 59.9. Did a writer just throw out a stat or what?

EDIT: I would love to hand it to Cincinnati, as a Thank You (opposite) for giving us Jones and Davenport.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Vols got the better side of the bracket in the South given recent play. I mean I like playing the winner of Miami or Loyola better than either Kentucky or Arizona. Assuming it goes chalk then if Vols can beat Cincinnati then they get Virginia or maybe the winner of Kentucky/Arizona game. The Vols can beat anyone in that Region but winning 4 in a row? Hey now that will be a chore.

They can beat anyone if more than one guard shows up.

Both Bone and Turner have been coming on of late but IMO Grant Williams has to rebound better and play defense without getting in foul trouble. Grant's going to get DTed so he has to learn to contribute more in other areas when he's not scoring 20+.

Reactions: 1 person
Given that Tennessee ended up with a 3 seed and given that a 3 has to go through a 2 seed (or somebody who knocks them off) to get to a regional final, I think the Vols are exactly where I would choose if I could set up a draw. Given the choice of UNC, Duke, Purdue and Cincinnati as the 2's, I choose the Bearcats. No offense to them. I just think UT will match up better with them than any of the other three choices, despite the win against Purdue (motivation for the Boilermakers) and the solid, but losing, performance against the Tar Heels.

Call me crazy but, if the Vols keep their focus and no one gets hurt or in foul trouble, I think UT plays UVa in the South Region final.

The only common opponent of Tennessee and Wright State was Georgia Tech. Both teams played them in Atlanta. Tennessee won 77-70 and Wright State won 85-81. The Vols need to be focused on this game. One by one.

They think at cbssports that either Miami or Loyola will end us in 2nd round. Options are like azzholes everybody has one.

Both Bone and Turner have been coming on of late but IMO Grant Williams has to rebound better and play defense without getting in foul trouble. Grant's going to get DTed so he has to learn to contribute more in other areas when he's not scoring 20+.

Turner has been pretty consistent. Bone had the good game against Arkansas scoring that is. Danials and Bowden need to wake up. What i like about this set up is we play Thursday then Saturday. Time to get our feet under us. But if Admiral goes cold we are done. PERIOD!!!

I worry more about Wright St. than either Miami or Loyola. If we win our first one, which isn't a gimmie, I think we get to the sweet sixteen. GBO!

Given that Tennessee ended up with a 3 seed and given that a 3 has to go through a 2 seed (or somebody who knocks them off) to get to a regional final, I think the Vols are exactly where I would choose if I could set up a draw. Given the choice of UNC, Duke, Purdue and Cincinnati as the 2's, I choose the Bearcats. No offense to them. I just think UT will match up better with them than any of the other three choices, despite the win against Purdue (motivation for the Boilermakers) and the solid, but losing, performance against the Tar Heels.

Call me crazy but, if the Vols keep their focus and no one gets hurt or in foul trouble, I think UT plays UVa in the South Region final.

I agree...got to get there and bring A game. They have proven that they can hang with anyone in the country. I was not impressed with Cincy and they looked at one point look liked they could turnover the ball in bunches. Our offense has to capitalize on mistakes.

I agree.

Tennessee may have an advantage over Cincinnati better production on offense.

I read that VA and Cincy were the only two teams in Div I that held their opponents to 62 points or less. I thought Tennessee was 59.9. Did a writer just throw out a stat or what?

EDIT: I would love to hand it to Cincinnati, as a Thank You (opposite) for giving us Jones and Davenport.

UT was 66.4. It's interesting to note UT was 23-1 when holding teams to 70 points or less. 2-7 when 70+ allowed.

I only watched a few games for Cincy. Mostly over the weekend. Not impressed offensively. Mediocre teams in a lot of ways. Defensively is where they win games. UT has to make shots to open up the floor and play smart.

UT was 66.4. It's interesting to note UT was 23-1 when holding teams to 70 points or less. 2-7 when 70+ allowed.

I only watched a few games for Cincy. Mostly over the weekend. Not impressed offensively. Mediocre teams in a lot of ways. Defensively is where they win games. UT has to make shots to open up the floor and play smart.
I see no reason if the guards play well we shouldnt make the elite 8.

Turner has been pretty consistent. Bone had the good game against Arkansas scoring that is. Danials and Bowden need to wake up. What i like about this set up is we play Thursday then Saturday. Time to get our feet under us. But if Admiral goes cold we are done. PERIOD!!!

Unless he gets injured or fouls out Schofield will bring it. He seldom gets double teamed and he's a match up nightmare at the 3, he's quicker than your big guy and stronger than your quick guy so if his 3's aren't falling he's driving it for a score and then that gets his outside game going. Vols have to have either Bone, Daniels, Bowden or Turner making 3's to keep the defense honest and for the most part one or more of them has been at least warm in every game (except maybe the Bama game). For me the lynch pin is Williams. If the other team takes him away offensively then Grant needs to score on offensive put backs and free throws when fouled scrapping for rebounds. He and Alexander need to defend the rim and get the Vols extra looks on the offensive end. I would love to see Grant's new consistent stat line being 12 pts, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks.

VN Store

Back