Take our own selfishness out of it

BruinVol

Yes I am talking to myself some here but after letting the selfishness settle down we got a better draw being in Dallas and then Atlanta than we would have if it was Nashville and then any of the other 3 regional sites.

Let's face it we are a 3 seed and we SHOULD win two games. That doesn't mean we will be we shouldn't need home court to win the first 2 games.

Now if we head to Atlanta we NEED just a little more than we really are to survive that regional.
We need the crowd in our favor to advance.

I firmly believe the committee wasn't going to allow a 3 seed to play in Nashville and Atlanta.

So which one should we have wanted?

Let's all paint Hotlanta Orange in 2 weeks!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yes I am talking to myself some here but after letting the selfishness settle down we got a better draw being in Dallas and then Atlanta than we would have if it was Nashville and then any of the other 3 regional sites.

Let's face it we are a 3 seed and we SHOULD win two games. That doesn't mean we will be we shouldn't need home court to win the first 2 games.

Now if we head to Atlanta we NEED just a little more than we really are to survive that regional.
We need the crowd in our favor to advance.

I firmly believe the committee wasn't going to allow a 3 seed to play in Nashville and Atlanta.

So which one should we have wanted?

Let's all paint Hotlanta Orange in 2 weeks!!!!
Need to win the first game to advance to the second game, etc. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Reactions: 4 people
If the higher seeds all win (no guarantees with that), our potential path to the Elite Eight is Wright St, Miami (Fla) and Cincinnati. That is more than fair for a 3 seed. We didn't get a raw deal.

Need to win the first game to advance to the second game, etc. Don't get ahead of yourself.

I totally agree and know upsets make this tourney special. I just think if we are to win a game or 2 in Atlanta the crowd could be a factor

Reactions: 1 person
No rules saying you can’t be in Nashville and then Atlanta...that would’ve been best case but definitely not a bad draw.

I know that Miami concerns some people and I'm sure that will be a close game but outside of their win at UNC their resume isn't great. They lost at Georgia Tech and lost at home to Syracuse. There was also a loss to New Mexico St (who is not bad, I know). The upper half of our region is what is so brutal but we won't have to play any of those teams unless we make the Elite 8 (and as far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money at that point, anyway) and we would only have to play one of Virginia, Arizona and Kentucky.

Basically, we have a very fair draw... It looks like the committee doesn't want Virginia in the Final Four and stacked the deck against them just a bit... The upper half of this region is tougher than what the #1 overall seed in the tournament should be facing. If I was a UVa fan, I probably wouldn't be happy about it... but I'm not.

I know that Miami concerns some people and I'm sure that will be a close game but outside of their win at UNC their resume isn't great. They lost at Georgia Tech and lost at home to Syracuse. There was also a loss to New Mexico St (who is not bad, I know). The upper half of our region is what is so brutal but we won't have to play any of those teams unless we make the Elite 8 (and as far as I'm concerned, we're playing with house money at that point, anyway) and we would only have to play one of Virginia, Arizona and Kentucky.

Basically, we have a very fair draw... It looks like the committee doesn't want Virginia in the Final Four and stacked the deck against them just a bit... The upper half of this region is tougher than what the #1 overall seed in the tournament should be facing. If I was a UVa fan, I probably wouldn't be happy about it... but I'm not.
not to mention that Loyola-Chicago beat the Gators so it's not set in stone that Miami gets past them.

Reactions: 1 person
If the higher seeds all win (no guarantees with that), our potential path to the Elite Eight is Wright St, Miami (Fla) and Cincinnati. That is more than fair for a 3 seed. We didn't get a raw deal.

Tom Crean on ESPN has us advancing to the Final 4 " if" we get past Loyola. He has Loyola beating Miami

This year tourney is so balanced. Regardless of location, IF we have our calling card of stellar D with us, we'll get to 16, and if we play our game on offense, we've got great shot at elite 8

Tom Crean on ESPN has us advancing to the Final 4 " if" we get past Loyola. He has Loyola beating Miami

Chicago-Loyola will beat Miami. It is a very fundamentally sound team that plays good defense. Sound familiar?

VN Store

Back