You grade for selection committee

You grade

• Total voters

allvol123

Not a committee guru. So interested in opinions.

Did UT get the lowest 3 seed since we have the overall 1 seed in our region?

Arky and UF play again if they each win 2 games. They just played. Don't like that.

ACC champ, SEC champ reg season and tourney champ in same bracket. That not stacked?

OKie State got hosed for OU. Other than that it’s whatever. Nothing else stands out.

UT is about where they should be. No complaints.

OKie State got hosed for OU. Other than that it’s whatever. Nothing else stands out.

Lol just no...Oklahoma deserved to be in, too many people focused on 4 weeks and not whole body of work.

It's a tough bracket but it's not a round-robin. By the time the Sweet 16 rolls around it wouldn't surprise me if the top 4 seeds make it or if it's a hodge-podge of teams make it.

Wouldn’t surprise me either.

I don't understand why people get so upset over the bracket. You only need to focus on the 8 teams on your side of the draw. The other side doesn't matter until the Elite 8.

The committee has encouraged strong scheduling even if you lose a game or two. Okie State played 6-7 200+ RPI teams. That's why their RPI is so much higher. You have to schedule good teams OOC.

Also, St. Mary's didn't play much OOC either. Gary Parrish said that Danny Hurley told him that he called Randy Bennett to play them, and Bennett refused.

Kentucky and Tennessee might play for the fourth time. Kentucky's side of bracket is the toughest.

That would be something. Had UT beaten Michigan in '14 they would have played UK in the Elite 8 in Indy.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol just no...Oklahoma deserved to be in, too many people focused on 4 weeks and not whole body of work.

I think they both deserved to be in but that's my opinion. Okie St beat some good teams and played a top ten schedule I believe. What hurt them is that they didn't schedule too well outside of conference but the big 12 is tough anyway. I like the Vols draw too. I'm not saying they will but I think they are capable of beating every team in the bottom half their bracket.

Dan Dakich's dumb arse said Cincy had easiest path in South region...basically said Tennessee doesn't 'scare him'

4 weeks is a long time though, they've looked terrible. If they go out first game it looks bad on the selection committee because OK has been telling us they can't win for the past month and a half

Last edited:
Really feels like USC got jobbed. Finish 2nd in conference. Lose in the finals of conference tournament. Win 20+ games. and get left out. Woof.

"With an RPI of No. 34, USC is the highest-ranked major conference team ever left out of the NCAA Tournament in the 68-team era."

Last edited:
Really feels like USC got jobbed. Finish 2nd in conference. Lose in the finals of conference tournament. Win 20+ games. and get left out. Woof.

"With an RPI of No. 34, USC is the highest-ranked major conference team ever left out of the NCAA Tournament in the 68-team era."

Yep. Royally screwed

No idea why you guys are saying Oklahoma state should have gotten in. Rpi was 88

As far as UT goes I’m perfectly fine w the seeding. My biggest complaint is that we aren’t playing in Nashville. Which in the end shouldn’t be a huge deal

Last edited:
4 weeks is a long time though, they've looked terrible. If they go out first game it looks bad on the selection committee because OK has been telling us they can't win for the past month and a half

On the flip side of Oklahoma wins are they then geniuses?

Hard to say how the committee did overall, but I like our draw to get to the 2nd weekend.

Yep. Royally screwed

No idea why you guys are saying Oklahoma state should have gotten in. Rpi was 88

Look at who they beat (or didn't beat). RPI has flaws. USC's lone win OOC against a P5 team was at Vandy, and Vandy ended up being bad. They also lost to Oklahoma on a neutral court. Their only solid OOC wins were MTSU and NM State. They played 5 games against UCLA, Arizona, and Arizona State and didn't win any. They really didn't get screwed.

VN Store

Back