Great game for men's basketball team.

sisaq

I am back with the men's basketball team.. What a great experience coach..

I am back with the men's basketball team.. What a great experience coach..

As good as Rick Barnes is, he got schooled on motivating by Calipari at halftime.

Calipari told his guys (Paraphrased) "We made a run and UT made a run....We make another run ,,and they can't answer it".....

UT did chip away at the lead and got close, but never did make a second run...Once the guys saw Calipari was right,,,confidence!

Coaching matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
As good as Rick Barnes is, he got schooled on motivating by Calipari at halftime.

Calipari told his guys (Paraphrased) "We made a run and UT made a run....We make another run ,,and they can't answer it".....

UT did chip away at the lead and got close, but never did make a second run...Once the guys saw Calipari was right,,,confidence!

Coaching matters.

2 box outs and missed easy shots at the end were the difference not the motivational bs. The more talented team won but not necessarily the better TEAM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Only thing I can point to is Vols came out to execute from outside like we did yesterday. That doesn't happen for us that often. Think if we stuck to our identity when we're winning...inside/out play, w/ guards driving the paint ultimately gives opportunity to knock it down from outside.

Coaching matters.

We made a second run

Reactions: 6 people

Coaching matters.

You've watched to many movies!

We lost by 6 points to a team we beat twice already thus year. A team with McDonalds all Americans and we have 2 and 3 star players. Coach Barnes is by far a better COACH! Give Barnes the players slick has and you are talking multiple national champs. Cal is NOT a good coach let alone a great coach. He has won one national title with superior players when he should have won more because he always has the best players.

Last edited:

Coaching matters.

Dear God, so much fail in one post.

Coaching matters.

Pretty sure UT took the lead after those comments. I am sure Barnes told his players that Kentucky would quit, but we will never know since he wasn't mic'd up. Really?

The putrid shooting in the first half and getting down by 17 did the deed. If we come out and hit in the low 40% range in first half we probably win.

Reactions: 1 person

Coaching matters.

He actually said we would fold and go away if they distanced themselves, which we didn't. We actually came back after being down by 9. Cal was talking about his own team

Coaching matters.

Lmao you must be quite the coach, Tennessee took the lead after that and we were without our best player for 5 minutes late in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 1 person

Coaching matters.

that's not X's or O's and certainly not coaching.....more of Calipari just talking to hear himself....more than anything it's was just verbage

Coaching matters.

It was a 1 point game with less than 1:30 left. Stop.

Coaching matters.

He's 2-1 against Cal this year, so still waiting on that "schooling", not to mention he's yet to be swept by Cal at UT.

And also, you clearly didn't watch the game. So kindly go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

Coaching matters.

Rick Barnes vs Calipari 6-5

What a schooling :crazy:

2 box outs and missed easy shots at the end were the difference not the motivational bs. The more talented team won but not necessarily the better TEAM.

Welcome to basketball. Shai and Knox single handily beat UT in a game on one side of the court. This time of year it usually comes down to a few key players getting hot.

Lmao you must be quite the coach, Tennessee took the lead after that and we were without our best player for 5 minutes late in the 2nd half.

I'm not downing Coach Barnes.
In fact I am very impressed with what he gets out of his troops.
He uses TO's to control flow, he can get the peak performance out of his players.
He is a great coach.

I guess the reason I look at Calipari as the better coach for me as an example because he is doing what he is doing with all 5 starters as Freshmen and his is a prowler and emotional on the sidelines. CRB is very even keeled. My personality can't even comprehend this coaching style, so to me, personally, I can't fathom going through a game without a flow of emotion coming from the bench.

He's 2-1 against Cal this year, so still waiting on that "schooling", not to mention he's yet to be swept by Cal at UT.

And also, you clearly didn't watch the game. So kindly go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

I did watch the game. And was very impressed with our performance.

VN Store

Back