SECT scheduling sucks...

Volle

We played two games in a row with less than 24 hours hours turnaround... last night was just 21 hours with the time change, UK as a lower seed got at least four more hours.... WTF is up with that? No wonder we looked flatfooted the first half... the whole thing should start on Monday and end Saturday, ridiculous to ask teams to play three/four games in a row, some with less than 24 hours rest. Stupid fvk SEC Office.

I won’t complain about the 4 hours part, but I would like to see a day break before the final.

Come on you really can't be complaining that. Both us and Kentucky managed to get a double bye in the tournament. We played the exact same amount of games.

Now if by chance Alabama had beaten Kentucky yesterday and we had been playing them. That would have been 4 games in 4 days for them. I could see them possibly fussing.

Last edited:
I’d prefer non-SEC refs do the tourney. Let UK give the SEC guys their letterjackets before the tournament starts.

I won’t complain about the 4 hours part, but I would like to see a day break before the final.

Agree. Playing consecutive games, let alone 3, is not beneficial to anyone, let alone indicative of anything meaningful. Pointless IMO

We played two games in a row with less than 24 hours hours turnaround... last night was just 21 hours with the time change, UK as a lower seed got at least four more hours.... WTF is up with that? No wonder we looked flatfooted the first half... the whole thing should start on Monday and end Saturday, ridiculous to ask teams to play three/four games in a row, some with less than 24 hours rest. Stupid fvk SEC Office.

You do realize UK was the #4 seed, correct? It was set up to give the #1 seed the "advantage." Every conference is pretty much set up the same way.

Come on you really can't be complaining that. Both us and Kentucky managed to get a double bye in the tournament. We played the exact same amount of games.

Now if by chance Alabama had beaten Kentucky yesterday and we had been playing them. That would have been 4 games in 4 days for them. I could see them possibly fussing.

There's a big diff getting 6 hours sleep versus 2 hours sleep, which is about what we got last night having to play the late game.... on top of the <24 hr turnaround the night before... f-ing ridiculous.

You do realize UK was the #4 seed, correct? It was set up to give the #1 seed the "advantage." Every conference is pretty much set up the same way.

Why does KY get the early game yesterday then? Higher seed should get the advantage of more rest.

Why does KY get the early game yesterday then? Higher seed should get the advantage of more rest.

Good grief! The sessions are set before the tournament starts. It had nothing to do with UK getting a better time slot. Auburn was the 1 seed. The times were based off that. UT was the 2 seed. Notice UT didn't play the 9:30 game. They got the 7pm slot.

Just because Auburn lost, they weren't going to re-seed the tournament.

Conference tournaments for Power5 really are meaningless and should be ended. The regular season results are the real indicator of performance. Winning a Power5 conference tournament is like the TV show, Survivor. Anyone watch the 2nd half of Cincy and Houston today? Garbage basketball. Did anyone really feel Alabama and Arkansas had a shot at winning yesterday against UK and us? Barnes is right about conference tournaments. The results are not indicative of performance in the big dance.

Conference tournaments for Power5 really are meaningless and should be ended. The regular season results are the real indicator of performance. Winning a Power5 conference tournament is like the TV show, Survivor. Anyone watch the 2nd half of Cincy and Houston today? Garbage basketball. Did anyone really feel Alabama and Arkansas had a shot at winning yesterday against UK and us? Barnes is right about conference tournaments. The results are not indicative of performance in the big dance.

I sort of agree with you. I just don't see them going away, though.

It is what it is. I mean Arkansas played Florida in the late game and didn't get in till midnight/1:00am and had to play UT at 3:30 the next day. So UT had about a 4 hour advantage. I mean it affects the kids bodies but at this point in the year you have to be ready for every situation thrown at you. I just think Kentucky played better today. Vols did not shoot the ball well today especially at the point guard position. They played no where near their best and still had a chance to win it, and I think Kentucky played near their best. If we do see them again I like the Vols chances.

VN Store

Back