NCAA Tournament Goal - Second Weekend

Unimane

First of all, we had better be the #3 seed in Nashville. We earned it and that's about as good a set up for a UT team in the tournament as I can remember. As far as goals, though, for as great as this season has been, a second round exit to a Miami or Houston would make this season a bit of a let down, especially if we get them in our capital city.

Matchups will be everything with this team. It's clearly a solid team, but will not overwhelm teams with their talent. It will be to our benefit to avoid teams like Kentucky who have underachieved, but have high level talent. Xavier may be a better team overall, but I'd rather play them than a Carolina or, especially, Duke.

Anyway, in my opinion, we make the second weekend and we're playing with house money in the Sweet 16 and beyond.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys none of our current roster has been in the Big Dance before that’s what concerns me.

Miami is not a great team, but they’re a tough matchup. Like Bama. And they have a good coach. I’m really hoping they get knocked off in the first round, and even though Loyola is almost as good, I think it’s a tough matchup for them too. I think we win that game but it will be tough.

Then Cincy is going to be really tough. Biggest concern is how well the rebound on the offensive glass. We’re going to need to be shooting really well from the perimeter to beat them

VN Store

Back